Info Hotel Day Pass in the Bahahmas and Cocoa Beach

We used the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau. Easy walk from the jetty. It worked out to about $175 for the 4 of us (2 Adults 2 kids), with over $100 of that available for use at the bar for food or drink.

The beach area is small but adequate, it also gives a great view back to the cruise ship jetty. Nice size pool with and great Bahama Mommas (3 for the price of 2) .

Cheers,

Jeff

https://twitter.com/Dr_Media/status/557162872468684800/photo/1

You can see QotS in the background.

We have gone to Melia on Cable Beach AMAZING.

I forget the cost but plan on doing it again in April. Its not cheap but worth every penny.

http://www.melia.com/en/hotels/bahamas/nassau/melia-nassau-beach/index.html?gclid=CJfP4ui6oMMCFQioaQod9psAWw&ef_id=VH8oUgAABU6Zyob4:20150119161843:s

There is some construction in the resort but from what I understand the beach and pools are still open

Lots of info in the Bahamas board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Not sure about Cocoa Beach I could not find a resort with a day pass but I will follow this to see if something pops up.

We are also on this cruise and we were wondering if it is worth the money for an afternoon arrival. We dock in Nassau at 2pm how long do the hotels let you use their beach/pool? Can we stay there into the evening hours?

Thanks so much for your info. I will certainly check out both venues. Jeez, I didn't realize that we docked so late. Even if we used the hotel facilities until 6 or 6:30, it should be great.

Our Cocoa Beach plans changed. DH and DD decided go on the excursion to kayak with the Manatees. Has anyone done that excursion? I will be sure to post after the cruise and let you know if they loved it.

Following this thread to see others ideas. We really wanted to do Atlantis but it doesn't seem like the excursion offered through the cruise line is any good. It's just a tour.... and like others were saying, we have a late arrival at the port. We're also going on the 2/13 Quantum :)

Heather

Thank you for following up on this with the hotel, never dawned on me to email the hotels...We are probably just going to walk to Junkanoo beach to check it out and if it is too crowded or not clean we will just walk back to the ship and hang out by the pool. We have been to Nassau several times and are not too thrilled with this stop but because of the boys vacation schedules (one is still in high school and one works at the local elementary school) we did not have a choice of when we cruised. The boys are going to Kennedy Space center while we are in Cape Canaveral and I will probably take the van offer by Royal to Ron Jon's and the beach to hang by the ocean for a couple of hours.