Upsell email

kbh2

I just received an upsell email for our March 15, 2015 Dream cruise. We have 5 cabins on deck 2, 3- ocean view and 2 inside cabins all together. The offer was to upgrade the inside cabins to inside cabins on the Vista Deck for $40.00 per cabin. I turned it down for 2 reasons.

1. All of our cabins are together and this would split them up and they had no offer to upgrade available for the ocean view at this time.

2. The cabins are under the pool area which I have heard is quite noisy.

Did I make the right decision?

We are sailing on the March 15th Dream sailing as well and today we got an upsell call. It wasn't a great deal, upgrade from our balcony to a suite for an additional $700. We have 2 balcony cabins so it would be a $1400 upsell. We turned it down and I'm happy with the choice we made.

Edited by QtbuggMom

Goodness! An extra $1400! That is almost the cost of our cove balcony for the two of us. Not a good upgrade at all. The inside to inside cabin is very cheap but I don't see any point in just moving cabins, it isn't an upgrade if you are still staying in an inside cabin, IMO.

Sometimes when you are travelling as a group, it makes it easier just to try and stay together in in central location.

Right after final payment date , which is when a lot of cabins seem to open up, I received an upsell e-mail from Carnival. It was for the inside cabin to go from deck-7-mid-ship on the Liberty to an OV cabin for a mere $40 total. Normally I would have jumped on that but did not as the inside was a cabin for my son and his college roommate(their first cruise) and ours was a balcony directly across. It would have been nice for them to have a window but I did not want to separate our location. Out of all fairness, I did discuss this with them and they too agreed to stay where they were. It ended up working out for the best as the boys were hardly in their cabin except to sleep & shower. They shared our balcony for the mornings and eves that we were pulling into and out of ports so it was all good.

Hopefully someone else was able to get and use that same deal.... as it was a sweet one.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr