Coki beach terrible

jutul

Been to St Thomas a couple of times before we decided to visit Coki beach. Terrible experience it was so crowded that a Spanish beach in august would have seems deserted. Seriously we only managed to find a small spot in the far end to put our towel’s on, never going back.:mad::mad::mad:

BRGDS Bjørn

Wow. We were there in June and had a blast! We got there early though and the cab driver got out and sent us over to his friend who hooked us up with 2 chairs (for a fee of course) and umbrella. It was fairly busy after a while, but we just wanted to go in the water and snorkel. There were some really nice size fish out and my son was so excited and loved it! The only downside was that they had no running water that day so no bathrooms worked-ack! Waitresses came by-had Conch fritters and hot dogs and chicken. It was all decent and the drinks were cold!

We were really, really disappointed as well. Compared to other beaches I'd been to on St. Thomas, I was excited for the "Liveliness" that I'd read about. What we found was that it was crowded, and much smaller than I'd expected. I had been there 20 years ago, but forgot how small it is, apparently. We did not find the snorkeling to be anything to write home about.

I was actually a little embarassed because we took 3 other couples who'd never been to St. Thomas and it was just kind of trashy. We should have gone to Sapphire or over to St. John for the day, but from the reviews, thought it would be great. We DO like to party, socialize, etc. so I thought this would be a perfect fit. I won't go back. Just wasn't a pleasant beach experience.

Sorry you found it to be so crowded jutul, definitely not what you were looking for.:( I usually recommend staying away from Coki with more than 2 standard size ships in port, but it is recommended by drivers who want to hook you up with their friends. We first went there that way too Dectwins, and it wasn't crowded at all and we enjoyed it.

I would say that many days Coki would be fine, but on heavy ship days like Tues & Wed Coki - like Magens - should be avoided, not only for the crowds but the trash they leave behind in the sand and water.

Not any help to folks here, but we enjoy going to Coki on days when no ships are in or after they leave as it is a gorgeous beach and very intimate when we're alone. I think it's the nicest beach on STT (during those times).

I just want to point out that I have been to St Thomas a number of times and actually stayed in St John for a week with someone that owns a beautiful house there so have snorkeled there too. St John's is nicer and I think we saw almost everything out there-Turtles, Nurse Sharks, Tarpin, man-o-war, jellyfish! Coki isn't the "best" snorkeling by far, but it was fine for seeing some different beautiful colored fish not far from shore and it was a great beach with no trash or anything when we were there. I guess it just depends on the time.

We went in December, and loved it. Our ship docked early, and we went straight to Coki.

It did get crowded between 11a and 1p. We however had front row lounge chairs with an unobstructed view.:D.

Waters were rough, I got tossed around a lot that day. People were laughing at each other. One lady needed help coming out of the water. She was laughing the whole time.:)

The beach lady "assigned" to us was on point. We just ran up a tab. And I had the best lunch. Fried snapper, 2 pieces, rice and peas and salad. Hubby had shrimp platter.

Locals were there. Weed was there. Met some nice people just making a living. The workers there dont take crap from anyone. You're a guest and should act like it.

My husband is a Correction Officer, and safety is foremost when we travel. When we first arrived, I noticed him scoping the areas and looking around. After some mingling with the locals and as more people arrived he reaxed and said "I like this.". Taxis were waiting to take us back. We loved our day!

Been to Magens Bay, Emerald beach and Sapphire beach. Sapphire and Coki is prettier, IMO. Some may disagree. Coki is livelier. Which is what we wanted.

We're all different and there's a beach in St. Thomas that's perfect for you. You just have to find it.

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

We went in December, and loved it. Our ship docked early, and we went straight to Coki.

It did get crowded between 11a and 1p. We however had front row lounge chairs with an unobstructed view.:D.

Waters were rough, I got tossed around a lot that day. People were laughing at each other. One lady needed help coming out of the water. She was laughing the whole time.:)

The beach lady "assigned" to us was on point. We just ran up a tab. And I had the best lunch. Fried snapper, 2 pieces, rice and peas and salad. Hubby had shrimp platter.

Locals were there. Weed was there. Met some nice people just making a living. The workers there dont take crap from anyone. You're a guest and should act like it.

My husband is a Correction Officer, and safety is foremost when we travel. When we first arrived, I noticed him scoping the areas and looking around. After some mingling with the locals and as more people arrived he reaxed and said "I like this.". Taxis were waiting to take us back. We loved our day!

Been to Magens Bay, Emerald beach and Sapphire beach. Sapphire and Coki is prettier, IMO. Some may disagree. Coki is livelier. Which is what we wanted.

We're all different and there's a beach in St. Thomas that's perfect for you. You just have to find it.

Lovin' your attitude crusinbabe! Anyone reading your post should respond with a positive vibe or not respond at all!

Thanks for your feedback - excellente!