Price drop

warriorking

Tell me about it.....

I cancelled my Alaska cruise and presently went for a 12day Med cruise..

The Alaska prices are going to have to come down considerably more to tempt me back..

I got such a good deal in the Med I really don't see it happening ...

Basically It was cheaper than even the current 2015 Alaska prices and I got 2 additional days as well as 2 of the 3 Promo's compared to only one with Alaska...

Edited by warriorking

That's why cruises to Europe are cheaper, because the air fare are so expensive.

Cruises to the Baltics are also fairly cheap now, with all the unrest in Russia has brought those prices really down, but not so the air fare.

Flights to Seattle and Vancouver are still decent.

Cheers

Len

May 8th of last year..we went on a 10 day Alaskan cruise on the NCL Pearl. Cruise departed Vancouver and ended in Seattle. Three months prior to cruise...cost for a 10th deck forward balcony cabin...for 2....was $4316.00. By March 5th.. price had dropped to $2326.00(when we purchased) for same category.

We all know that prices drop according to supply/demand. I've found that early(may) or late(september) Alaskan cruise prices are much more volatile. Also..if you're able to cruise at last minute...you can find some amazing deals. I check cruise prices daily....just wishin' and hopin' for a great deal!

I hope you all find a cruise..at a price...that will put a big smile on your face!icon7.gif

I purchased my 7 day Westerdam cruise last July for $999 PP balcony and received a $250 OBC. Got free airfare for signing up for a SWA credit card. This is my first cruise to Alaska. So excited!

Sounds like you got a great deal! I love Alaska..especially Glacier Bay & Sitka. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

In my case the airfare is actually quite comparable to Alaska airfare, tickets are running about $300 more for my Med cruise from Barcelona at the moment. And since I was able to get 2 of the 3 promotions I break almost even, also the Shore excursions are a bit cheaper than those in Alaska...

Will still continue to watch Alaska since final payment is not due on my Med cruise till Jan 1st 2016...

Edited by warriorking

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased my 7 day Westerdam cruise last July for $999 PP balcony and received a $250 OBC. Got free airfare for signing up for a SWA credit card. This is my first cruise to Alaska. So excited!

WOW that's awesome. Would love to have gotten a deal like that😉

It does pay to watch the pricing. We booked last week for Aug 2015 and this today, the prices dropped $700 (total for the 2 of us) for the mini-suite we have booked. Princess lowered our rates when I called (I booked directly through them). It was quick and easy.

Beyond excited. NEVER had this large of a price drop for any of our cruises.

Thanks for pointing this out. My NCL Pearl cruise to Alaska at the end of August just went down $700 pp on a balcony stateroom since just 4 weeks ago! :eek: Called NCL and they rebooked no problem.

When are you sailing the Pearl? We are sailing 08/28/16. We had 4 staterooms (quads and triples) in our group save a bundle!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app