Cabin questions

Luckybones

I think this will apply to any cruise line, not just one.

Do the window rooms/suites have the ability to open up to allow some fresh sea air in?

Our Pearl cruise we had a balcony (BX), and I did love going on the balcony but I also found myself opening up the slider in the morning and evening to get some good old sea air. So if the windows allowed some of the good old sea air in, I feel I would be a happy camper in a window room/suite also

Do the window rooms/suites have the ability to open up to allow some fresh sea air in?

Our Pearl cruise we had a balcony (BX), and I did love going on the balcony but I also found myself opening up the slider in the morning and evening to get some good old sea air. So if the windows allowed some of the good old sea air in, I feel I would be a happy camper in a window room/suite also

Sorry no, those are all fixed closed windows :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its just a general question across all cruise lines. I don't expect a full sliding window but something that would slide/crack open a few inches or so allowing some air into the cabin is all I was asking.

Unfortunately none of them open on any of the Norwegian ships. And no you won't be able to look out and see fish swimming past if you have a port hole cabin either. I've been asked that before, and it really sounds like it might be sorta fun to look out and see fish swimming by. :D

Its just a general question across all cruise lines. I don't expect a full sliding window but something that would slide/crack open a few inches or so allowing some air into the cabin is all I was asking.

Not even a crack and this would be the answer on cruise ships in general. The only time you can get fresh air in a cabin is by having a balcony and the slider or door that goes with it.

The only time we have ever been on a boat where we could open a window a crack was on Seabourn's Legend and it was indeed a crack but on NCL and most other ships it is indeed a blessing to be able to open up your sliders to let in that sea air to enjoy the breeze-no matter I am sure you will enjoy your cruise anyway-crack that slider and enjoy the sound ~have a great time :)