Threshold Ramps

fair-winds39

Has anyone who uses a mobility scooter ever purchased a Threshold Ramp for use getting over some of the thresholds in certain areas on the ship? I use a Pride GoGo Elite Traveler Plus, and last year, when we exited for the muster drill the "lip" at the doorway to get out to the deck was rather high. My DH went out, but I was able to participate in the drill in the dining room. It was snowing at the time so many of us were directed to the dining area. I am able to step off of the scooter for a minute, and DH could lift it over the lip, but I just wondered if the ramp would be easier.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Has anyone who uses a mobility scooter ever purchased a Threshold Ramp for use getting over some of the thresholds in certain areas on the ship? I use a Pride GoGo Elite Traveler Plus, and last year, when we exited for the muster drill the "lip" at the doorway to get out to the deck was rather high. My DH went out, but I was able to participate in the drill in the dining room. It was snowing at the time so many of us were directed to the dining area. I am able to step off of the scooter for a minute, and DH could lift it over the lip, but I just wondered if the ramp would be easier.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Bring along a threshold ramp is really not practical. It's large, heavy, awkward, expense and not easy to carry around. Even if you did bring one you can't be certain that the cruise line will allow you to use it. Also being the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler Plus has only about a 2" ground clearance mid-frame it's still likely that the scooter will get hung up going over the point that the ramp connects to the threshold.

Have found that the first thing I do after boarding is to scope out the ship doorways to the muster deck as all thresholds are not equal. Some are easy than others even if you have to go out of your way.