Ultimate beverage package

budgiegirl40

We have booked a cruise on the Epic and received the UBP free. I know that we can chose drinks up to a value of $10, does this mean any drink, or is it just a limited selection ?

Also, does the $10 limit include gratuities? So for example, would a glass of wine priced at $9 be included, or would gratuities take this over the limit?

Final question, as our cruise sails from Barcelona, do the additional taxes have to be applied, would these be charged separately to our account?

Really excited about our cruise!! Never had the UBP before , so just trying to get things straight in my head!!

We have booked a cruise on the Epic and received the UBP free. I know that we can chose drinks up to a value of $10, does this mean any drink, or is it just a limited selection ?

Also, does the $10 limit include gratuities? So for example, would a glass of wine priced at $9 be included, or would gratuities take this over the limit?

You can select any drink up to the limit (gratuities are not an issue in the calculation). There is no limited selection - it's pretty much a free for all ;)

Final question, as our cruise sails from Barcelona, do the additional taxes have to be applied, would these be charged separately to our account?

Can't help you with this one - hopefully someone else can!

Really excited about our cruise!! Never had the UBP before , so just trying to get things straight in my head!!

Like the previous poster said, you can get pretty much any drink on the UBP. There isn't much thats not included. Also you can't get speciality coffees or bottled water on it.

Gratuities are included in the price of the package (regardless of whether it's free or not) so no the $10 limit does not include the gratuities - you don't need to pay them so you don't need to include them into factoring what drinks you can have.

Finally - you would only be charged Spanish VAT if you were purchasing UBP (or other purchases) on board. It's one reason for pre-purchasing before your cruise - your not in Spain yet so legally they can't charge you!

Hope that helps :)

It's been a couple of years since we've sailed with NCL, but we just booked and took the UBP offer. But can anyone tell me how much the martinis run? Those are my favorite and I have a feeling they're more than $10.

Drank Chocolate , Washington Apple. Watermelon, and a couple of others and ALL were under 10.00

Sent from my iPhone using Forums