Just off the Freedom and feeling sick

sarahcat111

We just got off of the Freedom and I have a sever case of pneumonia symptoms started Friday morning Is anyone else feeling ill

So sorry to hear you're under the weather. I've come home a couple times with respiratory bugs after cruising. Both times I went right from my flight home to the doctor's office to see my doctor. Any time we are around other people during cold and flu season we run the risk of catching bugs. I hope you are better very soon.

I like the elderberry idea thanks...I also like the Oil of Oregano drops you can get at any Health or Good foods type store..it really helps me fight off bugs.

Betty White never gets sick and just heard her say she takes Vitamin C daily...At 93..I think I will listen to her..LOL.

OP sure hope you are better...thinking of you...Sarah

PS I do know the air is recirculated a lot on planes..planes and movie theaters are not the best..but eating right, vitamins..exercise and sleep and washing hands..do not touch nose, mouth and especially your eyes after shaking hands..public area bannisters etc..it gets to you through your eyes a lot...learn nurse hand washing protocol..water and soap under the water singing happy birthday to you while scrubbing and do not recontaminate on door handle..turn off faucet and open door with paper towel if possible.

Edited by sjn911

I was on that cruise and Monday when I arrived home, I started coughing really bad and developed a fever. Have been in bed all week. I did not fly on an airplane and I was not sick at all onboard. I believe I caught whatever this is on the ship. Taking vitamin c to ease the symptoms, and cannot take anything else because it lowers my blood pressure. Yuck. Wish everyone gets well soon, this is awful.:(

Sorry you're feeling sick. I was on the RCI Freedom of the Seas last year and while I was in the medical area, I heard the nurses talking about a test result and it was Legionnaire's (some old lady got sick apparently during the cruise). I always thought that was highly contagious, but then again flying on a plane with our local college sports team (half of which were hacking/coughing and not covering their mouths) and somehow I escaped unscathed.

I am one of six ladies that were on the Freedom Jan 25th-Feb 2. So far 3 of us have a case of pneumonia. Two others have acute bronchitis. I worry now the people in our two cabins will come down with the same thing. And I also wonder how the people in our cabin before us are doing. I even had the pneumonia shot!

How are you feeling now? Today is the first day I can get out of bed. My first ride in an ambulance. I kept passing out and no one was home with me. My suitcases are still unpacked. Doctor has released me to go back to work on Sunday. A week without pay after a cruise is not what I had planned!

I am onboard the freedom currently. What cabin did you have?