Our Not So Epic Adventure with Pics 1/11/15-1/18/15

tomsuelaw

Thanks for the encouragement and for sticking with to the end!

Sorry to hear about everyone getting so sick. I know how that can put a damper on things. We sailed Pearl a few yrs ago and my mom and I got sick the last 2 days. But just running a fever and had a cough. It didn't stop us from enjoying the last days aboard but it definitely slowed us down a bit. We were in bed those nights way before our little partier. DD managed to avoid whatever we had too and partied like a rock star until the very end. LOL We were happy atleast someone was enjoying the last nights aboard.

Again, great review, beautiful pictures and adorable kids. Bravo! Thanks again for sharing! We leave on our Epic adventure in 38 days! I'm so excited after seeing your pics and reading your review!

Edited by cruizinrican

:confused:

I took Sue's testimonial as a refreshing way to see her cruise experience (negative in several ways) within the greater context of her life.

Stereotypical cruisers (myself included) can blow the negative aspects of their cruise experiences out of proportion, especially considering that THEY'RE ON A FREAKIN' BOAT OUT ON THE OCEAN (or wherever) WITH AS MUCH FOOD, ENTERTAINMENT AND (often now) BOOZE THAT THEY CAN HANDLE. Talk about First World problems. :rolleyes:

Sue, thanks for the generous reflections on your Epic adventure. Your assessment of the ship's shortcomings (design-wise) are pretty much the same as ours (over-focused on inside the ship; lack of space to move around, etc.), but we would consider giving it another try, knowing full-well what we're in for. We've only cruised on NCL, and find that we prefer the older ships (Dawn & Jewel Class especially) to the mega-sized Epic. If the Getaway/Breakaway/Escape have fixed some of that, hooray for them, and I'm sure we'll give them a try sometime in the future.

And I would never DIScourage anyone from enjoying themselves on the Epic. We thought the food was great (never much of a wait in the buffet, even with 4000 of our closest friends eating at the same time). And unlike you, we did not have any negative staff experiences -- fellow cruisers yes, but staff no.

One question: you and your peeps shot a lot of photos. What did you shoot them with - phonecam, point-&-shoot, DSLR, etc?

I took Sue's testimonial as a refreshing way to see her cruise experience (negative in several ways) within the greater context of her life.

Stereotypical cruisers (myself included) can blow the negative aspects of their cruise experiences out of proportion, especially considering that THEY'RE ON A FREAKIN' BOAT OUT ON THE OCEAN (or wherever) WITH AS MUCH FOOD, ENTERTAINMENT AND (often now) BOOZE THAT THEY CAN HANDLE. Talk about First World problems. :rolleyes:

Sue, thanks for the generous reflections on your Epic adventure. Your assessment of the ship's shortcomings (design-wise) are pretty much the same as ours (over-focused on inside the ship; lack of space to move around, etc.), but we would consider giving it another try, knowing full-well what we're in for. We've only cruised on NCL, and find that we prefer the older ships (Dawn & Jewel Class especially) to the mega-sized Epic. If the Getaway/Breakaway/Escape have fixed some of that, hooray for them, and I'm sure we'll give them a try sometime in the future.

And I would never DIScourage anyone from enjoying themselves on the Epic. We thought the food was great (never much of a wait in the buffet, even with 4000 of our closest friends eating at the same time). And unlike you, we did not have any negative staff experiences -- fellow cruisers yes, but staff no.

One question: you and your peeps shot a lot of photos. What did you shoot them with - phonecam, point-&-shoot, DSLR, etc?

Bugless,

Thanks for chiming in. Yes, you said it perfectly. I was just reflecting on what I took away from things when I walked away a little disappointed. I appreciate your comment!

Most of these were shot with our digital SLR (Canon T3I). Ochos Rios pics were taken on a point and shoot waterproof camera from my sis in law. A couple were taken with our I phone.