Check in Port VS AIRPort

cowgirlsrock

Looking for some feedback on Check in at Miami Airport . Has anyone done both and which do you suggest?

Also does CCL take your luggage at the airport ? Or do you take it on the van and drop as usual at the pier ?

Wondering if anyone has had a more positive experience than at the pier.

How long are the lines usually ?

Id like to get some recent feedback . Thanks in advance

Jen

danceboots15@yahoo.com

I did it once when waiting for some friends to arrive so we could take a taxi to the port. I had a couple hours to kill due to an extremely early flight and the lines went from non existent to crazy long. I would not go to the airport specifically to check in. They only have like 3 people working the counters. Check in at the port is much quicker.

They do not take your luggage at the airport, only give you your S&S card. If you take the bus, then it's placed underneath and you collect it when arriving.

You still must show your photo ID and S&S card at the port when first entering so be prepared for that. They need to verify who who you say you are before they let you in the building.

We usually return our rental car to the airport and have went to the Carnival check in to try it. The lines were simply too long with too few people handling check in. We just took the rental shuttle to the port with our bags and did check in there. We have been at the baggage claim and saw the check in have NO line. So it's really hit or miss. No way I would go the the airport just to use the check in. If I happen to fly into Miami on the day of the cruise and just happen to notice no line while waiting for my bags, I would use it.