vibrations on Freedom of the Seas

jamoka

OK - I had to book cabin 6662, 6671 and 6669 for an upcoming trip. We are booked on Freedom of the Seas.

We all get motion sick, but I hesitate to move to mid ship because of the possible noise from the promenade. And, the rooms are more pricey.

Do you think these cabins are close enough to mid-ship to be similar to a mid-ship room... or should I move us all to mid ship and figure out how to deal with the possible noise from the promenade? I would appreciate any thoughts you more experienced people have! by the way, I can only move forward about 10 rooms. Would that even help that much?

Thanks!

Do NOT move forward...the closer to mid-ship, the better. Noise won't be a big problem, unless you go to bed at 8pm! Put the most "sensitive" person in 6662...it's a balcony...not a promenade! Those on that side of the hall will not hear a thing!

Edited by cb at sea

If you all get sea sick I doubt it's going to make much of a difference. I've only had even a hint of seasickness on small boats, never on a cruise ship so it's hard for me to relate. I understand that for those prone to seasickness, the best location is low and midship but what do you folks do when you have to leave your room:D

I know this isn't what you asked, but since I am also quite prone to motion sickness I want to pass along to try Bonine (they give out the generic on board). Start it the day before sail. I actually haven't had a problem either mid-ship or completely aft. Hope you don't either!

OK - I had to book cabin 6662, 6671 and 6669 for an upcoming trip. We are booked on Freedom of the Seas.

We all get motion sick, but I hesitate to move to mid ship because of the possible noise from the promenade. And, the rooms are more pricey.

Do you think these cabins are close enough to mid-ship to be similar to a mid-ship room... or should I move us all to mid ship and figure out how to deal with the possible noise from the promenade? I would appreciate any thoughts you more experienced people have! by the way, I can only move forward about 10 rooms. Would that even help that much?

Thanks!

I know a lot of people get a prescription for scopolamine patches from their docs to use for sea sickness. Might keep that in mind if you have serious problems with motion sickness.

I know this isn't what you asked, but since I am also quite prone to motion sickness I want to pass along to try Bonine (they give out the generic on board). Start it the day before sail. I actually haven't had a problem either mid-ship or completely aft. Hope you don't either!

We have used Bonine before. we take it at night to try to sleep the sleepiness off. I am scared of the patch... Maybe I shouldn't be! I also am afraid of feeling nauseous for 7 days!

Thanks for all of the input.

We have used Bonine before. we take it at night to try to sleep the sleepiness off. I am scared of the patch... Maybe I shouldn't be! I also am afraid of feeling nauseous for 7 days!

Thanks for all of the input.

The patch didn't work for me. My doctor said to apply it 24-48 hours before the cruise. I did that and the patch made me dizzy. (Crazy huh).

I have used Bonine which worked for me. It doesn't make me sleepy like Dramamine and Benadryl. My husband tried the sea band bracelet. It did nothing. I wouldn't recommend what my niece suggested but I will tell you what she said. She said if you start feeling motion sickness have another one of those cruise drinks. You won't be able to discern whether it is the motion of the ocean or the pretty drink with the paper umbrella. ;)

My vote goes for Bonine!

As far a dizzy with the patch goes. We were told to ween on and off too. So start with a quarter patch, then add the other quarter there next day. Put remaining on when you board. Same thing at the end of cruise. No dizziness our weird feelings

We went on Indy last Dec 2013. I have vertigo on land, so cruising is a challenge for me. Best cruise to date was on Indy. I booked 3 cabins E2 on the hump deck 6...6636, 6638, 6640. Excellent location and no noise even though right by the elevator. Only one night did I have a bit of an issue with my dizziness. Best cruise eating in MDR. We sat in Romeo and Juliet and our table was in the middle of the dining room. Made all the difference being in the middle of the room. I only book mid ship if possible. Once you book, you can always check and see if mid ship rooms that are better become available. And I use bonine, prescription nassea medicine and the patch...lol...lowest possible deck and as close to mid ship or a bit AFT has been best for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks!

My DH gets terribly seasick despite trying all the various medications and other remedies. After having been in both aft and forward cabins in which he got sick, I stick to cabins as close to the hump as possible, usually on decks 8 or 9.

Hope this helps.