Milan Hotel question

daydreamer62

I'd stay out by the airport. I like to do that everywhere I go when I have an AM flight. I even do this when I'm flying out of my home airport - I hate getting up at o'dark o'clock to drive to the airport for a morning flight!

Back when I had a flight out of MXP (drove the day before down from St. Moritz - a BEAUTIFUL drive!), stayed out at the Villa Malpensa. It's a old villa converted into a hotel. Now, that was 11 years ago, before there were any good hotels by the airport. Classic old rooms and a restaurant that had a good risotto. Even though it was a 5 minute drive to the terminals, it felt like I was out in the country!! I think there is now a Sheraton right at the hotel.

11 am really isn't an early morning flight. While there certainly are some good options near MXP, you can very easily get a hotel near Milano Centrale station and take the train in the morning. I think there's a Crown Plaza not too far, others too I seem to remember seeing.

11 am really isn't an early morning flight. While there certainly are some good options near MXP, you can very easily get a hotel near Milano Centrale station and take the train in the morning. I think there's a Crown Plaza not too far, others too I seem to remember seeing.

Part of that is what time you need to be a the airport to go through security, checkin, passport/exit control. I'd give myself 2 hours. So, that puts me at 9am to be at the airport. At the hotel, shower, dress, have breakfast (it's a LONG flight home with nasty airline food), and that's probably another hour or two. Puts me at 7am. Add in the time necessary to get to the train or bus station to take my transportation to the airport and that's maybe 6am that I have to get up. I'm NOT a morning person at all, so the latest I can sleep in is best for me ;)

I saw the Villa Malpensa when I was researching hotels and it looks gorgeous but it seems like current reviews aren't that flattering! There are lots of other hotels now though including a holiday inn express and crowne plaza that are well priced .. The Sheraton is a little expensive for us . I'd prefer an 'Italian' hotel but it's only one night and we v well have had several nights in more authentic Italian hotels. We are only flying to Dubai so only 7 hours for this leg ( unlike our next leg Dubai to Auckland which is nearly 18 hours . ugh!!!

I would stay at Hotel Milano, which is 30 min train ride to the airport. You can see my write up along with the free wonderful breakfast they serve in the morning. It is only a couple of blocks to the train station from the hotel. You can also walk through the tunnel from the metro station to get to the train station and the metro is only a block from the hotel. They serve everything at the breakfast you could possible ask for.

winenchocolate dot com

At the hotel, shower, dress, have breakfast (it's a LONG flight home with nasty airline food), and that's probably another hour or two.

Ah, well that's where I gain some time - I usually shower in the evening, and would in this circumstance plan on having breakfast at the airport. So, if everything is ready to go, it takes me at most 15 from when I wake up to when I'm walking out the door.