Giovanni's Table Desserts

Paul65

Looking forward to another cruise in April. One of our favorites on past cruises was a dinner at Portofino, finishing with the tiramisu in a chocolate bowl, with fresh raspberries and a B-52 shooter.

On the next cruise, though, there is no Portofino; it will be Giovanni's instead. Do they have any particularly good desserts there to look forward to?

Giovanni's Table has tiramisu as well. They bring around a dessert cart with many wonderful choices. You can choose one or all of them. The tiramisu is served from a large bowl. The waiter said it's tradition to feed the first spoonful to the guest. It was a HUGE bite - reminded me of how some people smash wedding cake into one another's mouths. (I hate this tradition). It wasn't that messy - just a big bite.

That being said, the tiramisu and desserts were delicious and I like Giovanni's Table a bit more than Portofino. You will find people who like Portofino more that Giovanni's. Food is so very subjective At any rate, I am sure you will find some great choices - and have a wonderful cruise.