Snorkeling and Great Beach

slugo

I love snorkeling at the Money Bar but my wife and 21 year old daughters hate the Money Bar. The Wife and Daughters love laying out at paradise beach, drinking, hanging out, but hate it. Looking for a win-win place where we can all be together so that they can enjoy laying on a beach and I can snorkel.

Chankanaab - very nice, small beach with a separate lagoon area for snorkeling (they've even sunk a few statues, etc. in addition to the rocks/reefs/fishes. good facilities/food/drinks/service. Cheap cab fare (about $10-11 for up to 4 in the cab), but the admission fee of about $20 each may turn you off.

The $20 fee to chankanaub is definitely a turn off to me. The first time we were in Cozumel we took a taxi to the money bar and I got out of the car all excited with my snorkeling gear in hand. Unfortunately, my wife and daughters didn't even get out of the taxi. So I got back in the taxi with them and we headed to Paradise Beach. They loved Paradise beach but I was as bored as can be. I headed in a taxi back to the Money Bar and loved the snorkeling. I realize the problem is that the fish like the rocks and my girls like the sand but am still hopeful that somewhere is a win-win place that we all like.

How about Nachi Cocom? :confused:

All-inclusive (food/drinks) for about $55 per adult, great service/food/drinks, never crowded (limited to 100 guests per day), good facilities, soft sandy beach, wonderful view, lots of shade, small pool with swim-up bar :D and they offer a 90 minute snorkel excursion to 2-3 spots on the reef for about $35.