Using U.S. Direct to Disembark in Vancouver

CruisinDoug

We just returned from the Summit and used U.S. Direct to disembark. What a great service. We reported to the Celebrity Theatre at 7:50 AM and were sitting in the terminal in less than an hour. It was $20 each well spent and our bags were waiting when we got to our home airport.

About three days before the end of the cruise you will get the papaerwork delivered to your stateroom. You take it to customer relations and they charge you the $20 per person. The night before disembarking you receive special luggage tags for your bags. They are picked up like the others but go directly to the airport, you don't see them until you get home. this means you don't have to sclep them through customs and sort through the pile of bags.

You go to the Celebrity Theater at your appointed time and receive your boarding passes for your flight and are bussed directly to the terminal. You do not have to deal with going through customs.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks for the info - I have a question - we are cruising from San Diego in October and have a late flight home after the cruise. Is there a way to "check" our luggage through Celebrity and have them send our bags to the airport in the morning without us so we can spend a few hours sightseeing before going to the airport?

Mancuso, depending on when your flight is you could book an excursion on board for the day of the flight. The tour will end at the airport. I think you can only book this on board. They put the bags on the bus and lock it for the tour. Enjoy.

Mancuso, depending on when your flight is you could book an excursion on board for the day of the flight. The tour will end at the airport. I think you can only book this on board. They put the bags on the bus and lock it for the tour. Enjoy.

If your flight is after 2:30 the answer is yes. BUT the excursion books up very quickly.

Our friends paid $20 bucks each for direct transfers and another $20 for US Direct as they were leaving at 11:50 - the comment was that it was the best $40 bucks they spent - it was flawless.

Archived