Questions about Blue Hole

littleengine

I'm booked to do the Blue Hole tour with Marvyn's Paradise tours and have a few questions...

Do they sell water shoes on site? If so, how much are they? I thought I'd read somewhere that they do, but couldn't find any details. I've got a pair of closed toe sport sandels (Navandos, similar to Keens or Tevas) that I'm hoping will work so I don't have to buy dedicated water shoes just for this one excursion.

Is there anywhere to lock up your stuff while at the Blue Hole? If not, what did you do with it?

Pretty sure they were $6 to rent, and $14 to buy. Our van stopped at a little "shack" right before we got to the Blue Hole, and our driver asked if anyone needed water shoes. (I bought a pair back in Cocoa Beach the night before we left for our cruise for $10)

Regarding keeping your stuff safe, we just left ours in the van (Courtney Taylor Tours), and everything was there when we got back. I didn't see anywhere to leave your stuff, like a locker. This place (Blue Hole) is back in the jungle, and it's very primitive....jonathan

We were there in Dec 2014 and also left our stuff in the van. They do lock the vans, but we didn't leave anything valuable. We had a plastic thing my hubby wore around his neck - we use it for scuba diving. We keep our $ and cc in there. We brought our cameras to the BH for pics.

And yes you can buy shoes there. I wore my diving boots and it worked out fine. My niece went barefoot. My cousin wore those shoes that has toes on them...I don't know what they are called.

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty sure they were $6 to rent, and $14 to buy. Our van stopped at a little "shack" right before we got to the Blue Hole, and our driver asked if anyone needed water shoes. (I bought a pair back in Cocoa Beach the night before we left for our cruise for $10)

Regarding keeping your stuff safe, we just left ours in the van (Courtney Taylor Tours), and everything was there when we got back. I didn't see anywhere to leave your stuff, like a locker. This place (Blue Hole) is back in the jungle, and it's very primitive....jonathan

Same for us. I also agree that Liberty tours is amazing