Early saver questions

beamqueen

I have a couple early saver questions... I want to make sure before I decide to do anything.

1. I booked under reduced deposit if I take advantage of a price drop or change my booking will I need to pay the full deposit rate at that time ?

2. Under early saver if I want to upgrade to a different room is there a $50 penalty?

Thanks in advance to any who can help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let me add that you cannot "change your booking" as in dates, ship, etc. You will be canceling that cruise and rebooking. So that's when the penalty kicks in.

If you are just changing rooms within the same category, there is no fee. There is also no fee for upgrading besides the price difference if there is one. But remember that you can't downgrade with ES.

OP--

Yes, you can upgrade your room. That is a non issue with carnival. You will see no penalty with this. Ive done it twice with ES.

Now, when you are talking about changing something completely like to a different sailing or a different ship you will encounter the penalty. Even though you are re-booking, it is still seen as canceling first. So there will be the 50/pp fee. I have also done this.

1(a). Changing your booking would be the same as cancelling, in which you'd incur the $50 charge/fee. You can make the new booking at the same time though. 1(b). It depends on the new promo/rate you're trying to take advantage of, but in most instances you'd be required to pay the full "normal"deposit, unless it's similar to your previous rate.

2. No problems upgrading whether through a price drop, or on your own. We do it all the time with no problem. After final payment, you'll have to pay the difference in full at the time of the change.

We booked early saver but we qualify for an interline rate and I wanted to do that.. Just wondered if I would need to pay the regular deposit on the spot so I could be prepared if need be

We booked early saver but we qualify for an interline rate and I wanted to do that.. Just wondered if I would need to pay the regular deposit on the spot so I could be prepared if need be

Yes. Unless the Interline Rate offers a reduced deposit as well. You will be matching to the terms of whatever new rate you book under so if you had OBC as part of the original booking, it will go away if the new rate doesn't offer it as well. Same with reduced deposits.