Urgent Queen Victoria sector change europe

qualifiedcruiseologist

I really want to go on the Queen Victoria cruise departing from Rome 4 July 2015, however I won't be able to make the embarkation at Rome, I will have to embark at her next port which is La Spezia. I have sent a request to cunard but they said it could take up to two weeks to see whether it gets approved or not. What my chances of getting approved? Anyone else with experience with sector changes?

Your comments are much appreciated.

Cheers:)

We have done this twice for world cruises that departed in San Francisco and the next port was our home city of Honolulu. Cunard approved our request to board here both times. The first time it took about 2 weeks, the next time was about 4 days. Just a few days ago we again got approval to board the Queen Victoria here in 2016 and it only took a few days. I hope they are as good to you as they have been to us.

You might run afoul of a cabotage law since you're asking to be transported from La Spezia to Civitavecchia (I'm assuming you're booking the 7-day closed loop itinerary and not the 14-day or 21-day itineraries that start on the same day). The laws in the EU and Italy have been liberalized but I'm not sure how much. I think the reason for the delay in responding is so Cunard's lawyers can review and approve.

Edited by Underwatr