Bump out Cabin on NA??

Cruisergal1208

We had a bump out cabin but on deck six and just loved it. It was a transatlantic crossing. Matter-of-fact, on our next crossing we took the exact same cabin on the Noordam. It gives you a little extra room with that bump out area and both times we moved the table that is in front of the couch to that area with the chair. That made the whole cabin much more spacious. It also has a nice large balcony. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Anyone recently stayed in one of the bumpout cabins on deck 7 towards the aft of NA? Would appreciate any pros/cons on these cabins. Any special tips, etc.

Thanks.

We were on 6052 on the Westerdam which is a "bump out" cabin. We had no problems with the wind. Those whose "bump out" balcony was forther aft could not be outside while the ship was moving because of the wind in their face.

If you are in the forward "bump out", you will be fine.

We loved the extra space.

We were in SB8162 Navigation, last NA Trans Atlantic crossing onto Venice. We chose navigation aft over other decks because it is the only deck that provided complete cover and the people above, Lido, could not look down easily. The side of the verandah is different, however.

We are booked on Zuiderdam 2016 TA, 29 +12, and I researched which deck provides the same type of cover. I chose deck 5 aft SB5190 Verandah, for the same reason. If you want to be close to the Neptune lounge, neither is but we don't mind walking. We also did not experience noise from the Lido.

Yes, of course, there is wind. We used the balcony a great deal but adjusted wearing more clothes or using a blanket. The views are spectacular. For us nothing beats seeing where you are going and where you've been.

Totally agree with HALaftsuites4two! We have previously cruised in a bump out cabin on the Oosterdam and loved it. We have booked a SY/SS bump out cabin for our next cruises on the Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam. We love that we can see where we are going, it is one of my favorite types of cabins. We prefer the bump out cabins whose partial balcony faces forward. :D

• 2 years later...
Anyone recently stayed in one of the bumpout cabins on deck 7 towards the aft of NA? Would appreciate any pros/cons on these cabins. Any special tips, etc.

Thanks.

Did you end up in a SY on eurodam? 7077? Curious how room is. Would love pics. I have booked 7077 & 7078

Did you end up in a SY on eurodam? 7077? Curious how room is. Would love pics. I have booked 7077 & 7078

We did have 7077 on the Eurodam but it wasn't a bump out. We had very good space and would book it again. We have had the bump outs on NA and enjoyed the extra space. I have a few pictures of 7077 on Eurodam I could send in an email to you if you wish.

• 2 weeks later...
We did have 7077 on the Eurodam but it wasn't a bump out. We had very good space and would book it again. We have had the bump outs on NA and enjoyed the extra space. I have a few pictures of 7077 on Eurodam I could send in an email to you if you wish.

Email would be great. LonaTravel@aol.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 years later...