All-Inclusive Bar Package

STREETKING

Am I reading this correctly, are they actually charging you for the last day of your trip when you'll be off the ship by 10:00 am. If that's the case it helped make my mind up whether to purchase the package or not, it seems unfair to charge you for that last day.

"$56.35 per person/per day^* Beverage package is calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. When submitting payment, please ensure to calculate the total number of days of the cruise by the per day rate".

Brad

You're not charged for disembarkation day. Example: 7 day cruise begins on Saturday. You will be charged Saturday through Friday, not Sat.-Sat. even though you disembark on Saturday.

I look at it as being charged for each night. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I got to thinking about the possibility of the daily ritual of making sure that I get my $56.35 worth of beverages.I would hate to spend each day of my cruise 'counting' as well as perhaps drinking even more than I normally would just to surpass my daily prepaid expense!

Just a thought:)

I know I probably won't drink my money's worth on most days, but just the fact that I can get what I want, when I want it, and not have to worry about the ka-ching in my head each time I sign a slip is worth it to me...I'm on vacation, I don't need the extra worry about what my final bill is going to be.:(..

Am I wasting money, probably some, but am I less stressed...definitely!

Personal choice...and it's not just all about the alcohol, as far as I'm concerned!

JMHO

I got to thinking about the possibility of the daily ritual of making sure that I get my $56.35 worth of beverages.I would hate to spend each day of my cruise 'counting' as well as perhaps drinking even more than I normally would just to surpass my daily prepaid expense!

Just a thought:)

And that is the very reason they offer options. I'm not sure where you may have got the notion that I would be counting drinks to make sure I surpassed the break even point, because I assure I won't. My question was merely about the equity of the package if in fact they charged you for Embarkation day.

Don't worry,I was referring to how I might/might not react to indulging in a $56.35 per day X 20 day cruise @ a total of $1,127.00 PER PERSON! Convenience yes, practical,perhaps not!One can purchase lots of beverages alcoholic or not for $2,254.00!!:rolleyes:

The thing I would keep in mind when evaluating the package is that you can get the unlimited soda & more for just over $8/day, including taxes. You can get unlimited brewed coffee and specialty coffee for a total price of $31. So, let's say you're on a 7-day cruise, your cost for the all-inclusive would be $394.45. If you bought the soda & more plus the coffee card, your cost would be $87.35. True, that doesn't include bottled water but I just bring a water bottle and fill it up. So, your net cost for alcoholic drinks would be $306.70 or $43.81/day/pp. That's an average of six drinks per day. If you're in port for 2-3 days, chances are you won't make the average. Of course there are variables and the package includes wine.

Keep in mind that the cruise line is laughing all the way to the bank on this package. :) They're not offering it to be the good guys.