Changing number of people in cabins once onboard

reerun25

Has anyone ever had two cabins booked, with two adults in cabin A and 1 adult and 1 minor (15 yrs old) in cabin B on paper for booking, but once on the ship, needed to make the change to 2 adults and 1 minor in cabin A, and 1 adult in cabin B? My question stems from what happens to the beds in Cabin A. Since on paper there are only 2 people listed, the Steward will not set up the third be. By set up I mean fold down the bed out of the wall and tend to it when they clean the room and do turn down. Do I just say something to the Steward, or go to GS and make the change there? Just looking for personal experiences and/or opinions...

The first issue is you need to make sure the cabin is configured for 3 people. Not all cabins have bunks that pull down. If the cabin is designed for 3 or more, you can go to guest services and get keys switched. Be sure to tell the cabin steward so they can make sure there are enough life jackets in the room and towels.

One time we were travelling with friends and their daughter wanted to stay with ours (and it was too late to change the cabins). It was only a 2 person room and had a sofa that didn't fold out. I slipped the cabin steward a $20 and he made up the sofa and put an extra life jacket in there for them. I think she only ended up sleeping there one night as it wasn't very comfortable.

The first issue is you need to make sure the cabin is configured for 3 people. Not all cabins have bunks that pull down. If the cabin is designed for 3 or more, you can go to guest services and get keys switched. Be sure to tell the cabin steward so they can make sure there are enough life jackets in the room and towels.

One time we were travelling with friends and their daughter wanted to stay with ours (and it was too late to change the cabins). It was only a 2 person room and had a sofa that didn't fold out. I slipped the cabin steward a $20 and he made up the sofa and put an extra life jacket in there for them. I think she only ended up sleeping there one night as it wasn't very comfortable.

Great idea. I know we have had to book different people in a cabin so they could get past cruise price but we did not want to stay that way the whole trip. Thanks for the info.

The cabin can accommodate 3 people. The flip side is that originally, my son was taking a friend, so it was to be him and his friend in cabin B, and then myself, my wife, and my Mom in Cabin A. Once his friend backed out before the final payment date, I had to switch my Mom to his cabin on paper to get a better rate. I have him on my S&S account, and my Mom has her own. Hers is now linked to cabin B due to the switch on paper. He says he wants his own room, so I was just going to leave my Mom in cabin B on paper, but she will stay in Cabin A with us as planned all along. I can get an extra cabin key to cabin A and give that to my Mom, and then she will have her Cabin B key she will have to use to charge/buy things with, and I will ask the Steward to make the third bed up in Cabin A... Hope that works....

I have five this last March. Had DD 5 and me in one room and then DD 12 with my aunt in another room. Once on the ship we moved my oldest DD to my room and I let the room steward know. He had the bed ready that night and the life jackets, etc all set for us. They moved the gratuity for her to our room.

We had no problems nor were we questioned at all. They did it so quickly and she had a new card in a few minutes for our room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have five this last March. Had DD 5 and me in one room and then DD 12 with my aunt in another room. Once on the ship we moved my oldest DD to my room and I let the room steward know. He had the bed ready that night and the life jackets, etc all set for us. They moved the gratuity for her to our room.

We had no problems nor were we questioned at all. They did it so quickly and she had a new card in a few minutes for our room.

The steward handled it, or did you go to GS?

I always mis-book the cabins specifically so I can get the unlimited drinks package without forcing my wife to have to pay for it.

When you do this, do you got to GS after you purchase the drink package and move your wife back to your room? Or do you just get her an extra key to your room?

I'm trying to figure out if we do this and then change the rooms with GS if they will make us all get the drink package....