bringing on a bottle of "wine"

msweezie

We were on the Conquest 01/24 sailing out of FLL. Party of 16, 6 bottles of wine, 12 cases of soda, 1 pack of grapefruit juice, case of water and 12 cranberry bottles. Not ONE of these was ever checked by anyone. All was either in a carry on shoulder bag, in hand and also in a small roller suitcase. All was scanned but no one inspected it. I was shocked because in the past all soda cases were opened and each can inspected also the water bottles. We

did not witness any inspections what so ever . Weird

Yes mine usually go with no problem.

Edited by rocking-m-cruiser

What is it about all the "how the rules don't apply to me" posts on Carnival? For heavens sake, just order a bottle on board for twenty bucks. I personally think they should deny boarding for those who are caught doing this. Just sad.

Why in the world would this bother you? Next time your driving down the highway and see you are going 5 mph over speed limit will you turn yourself in to the police?

• Like 2

In Charleston SC port on 1/28/15 I had a 12 pack of water in original packaging shrink wrap around all bottles and two bottles of wine. Wine was is brown paper bags. He took out my water of the bag shook them to make sure they were water and I said wine is in the brown bags and he said i just need to check the water. Guess depends on the agent. Ours really was wine.

We used the seal sleeves on Arbor Mist bottles. Ours cracked open some too so we actually put two sleeves on each bottle. We sailed out of Miami and they didn't even give it a glance. The only thing they asked is why I had so many. I had three bottles for three adults.

In Charleston SC port on 1/28/15 I had a 12 pack of water in original packaging shrink wrap around all bottles and two bottles of wine. Wine was is brown paper bags. He took out my water of the bag shook them to make sure they were water and I said wine is in the brown bags and he said i just need to check the water. Guess depends on the agent. Ours really was wine.

Some cruises I've been on they check and some they don't. i guess it depends on the person doing it.

Has anyone ever brought on their allowable bottle of wine. Just wondering how closely the seal is inspected. Has anyone replaced the wine with alcohol and gotten away with it? Or caught? I have those sleeve and cap things that you stick under boiling water and it looks professionaly sealed. Just not sure about the screw part that separated. How closely do they look at the wine bottle? Can anyone tell me?

Brought my own allowable wine on board? Almost every cruise. Break the rules by bringing something other that wine on board in a wine bottle? Never and don't recommend it.

Why in the world would this bother you?

So you're not bothered by not only seeing people break rules/laws but then gloating about it as well? I guess you would clap for a person who not only broke in line in front of you but then did a touchdown dance for getting away with it.....hmmmm? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So you're not bothered by not only seeing people break rules/laws but then gloating about it as well? I guess you would clap for a person who not only broke in line in front of you but then did a touchdown dance for getting away with it.....hmmmm? :rolleyes:

We are talking about rules here not laws and no passenger being inconvenienced by us bring on our box of wine.

Different story when people cut in line or hog up lounge chairs.

• Like 1

Why in the world would this bother you? Next time your driving down the highway and see you are going 5 mph over speed limit will you turn yourself in to the police?

No....but I wouldn't plan to change the higway signs, trick the police, lie about it....and it doesn't "concern" me...it is just sad that so many people are so dishonest and look for ways to circumvent the rules and it seems to be a topic of conversation regularly more so on Carnival than on other boards.

• Like 2

No....but I wouldn't plan to change the higway signs, trick the police, lie about it....and it doesn't "concern" me...it is just sad that so many people are so dishonest and look for ways to circumvent the rules and it seems to be a topic of conversation regularly more so on Carnival than on other boards.

Laws are laws and we do follow them rather religiously. Rules are not exactly the same are they.

• Like 1

On the Dream out of New Orleans in October, they cut the foil of our wine bottles and confiscated 2 out of the 3 bottles we had corked and shrink wrapped. It was one particularly strict agent. She checked mine and took it. The guy next to her handed her my sisters and she cut the foil and also took it. The guy on the other side of her, looked at my dads and put it back in his bag and let him through.

ERRR, $20

When did you buy a bottle of liquor for $20 on board.

The price these pirates charge you must have been on the original Queen Mary!!!!:confused::confused:

At last check the Carnival thieves were asking for $80 for a bottle of Jack!!

• Like 2

You truly need a fire proof suit for this post. I have used rum runners for many years now and worked every time. I swear by them. The wine we bring on is genuine wine. Why pax get so worked up over this issue is beyond me as what one brings on has no impact on my enjoyment (unless of course they want to share it!). Worry less about what someone else does and worry more about your own actions.

• Like 2

You truly need a fire proof suit for this post. I have used rum runners for many years now and worked every time. I swear by them. The wine we bring on is genuine wine. Why pax get so worked up over this issue is beyond me as what one brings on has no impact on my enjoyment (unless of course they want to share it!). Worry less about what someone else does and worry more about your own actions.

Well said.

By the Way, was in San Antonio a couple of years ago, beautiful place, we stayed at the Omni on the river and used Landrys happy hour as mission control every night...... No shuttle required!!!:o:o:o

We are talking about rules here not laws and no passenger being inconvenienced by us bring on our box of wine.

Different story when people cut in line or hog up lounge chairs.

Nope, exact same (except that someone breaking those rules bother YOU). No law against breaking in line or chair hogging. Just a rule that most people abide by and a few don't. Same with smuggling whether you want to believe it or not.

Laws are laws and we do follow them rather religiously. Rules are not exactly the same are they.

Sorry but I simply don't believe that. I run across people every day that have the same contempt for laws that inconvenience them just as some rules do. They will break a law just as easily as a rule if it's something that cause them an inconvenience.

• Like 1

Sorry but I simply don't believe that. I run across people every day that have the same contempt for laws that inconvenience them just as some rules do. They will break a law just as easily as a rule if it's something that cause them an inconvenience.

I can't understand what this has to do with the topic of the post. I see you post in this manner quite often, as if to purposely drive a thread off topic to have it closed. If you care so much about the adherence of rules why not get a job working for Carnival? You will be on a ship and you will have a little bit of power to do something about it. Until such time why not just let people discuss whatever they would like and if you don't like it, so be it, don't participate and try to de-rail threads.

OP - Re-corker.

• Like 1

I can't understand what this has to do with the topic of the post. I see you post in this manner quite often, as if to purposely drive a thread off topic to have it closed. If you care so much about the adherence of rules why not get a job working for Carnival? You will be on a ship and you will have a little bit of power to do something about it. Until such time why not just let people discuss whatever they would like and if you don't like it, so be it, don't participate and try to de-rail threads.

OP - Re-corker.

Wow do think you nailed it. Thank you.

• Like 1

I disagree....which is the great thing about message boards....everyone can have an opinion.

It is not the way we raise our family....only follow the rules you like and get away with whatever you can if you don't like the rule...it shows a fundamental lack of integrity and models that to your children and grandchildren.

It does effect others when they are surrounded by people with less than honest intent who, by their nature, will also try to circumvent other rules onboard.

Eventually when carnival follows some other lines and disallows all carry on drinks (wine and soda), it will affect us all and these same people will complain.

In reply to the original question. I haven't done it and I would encourage you not to try.

We will agree to disagree. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by mcgratru

OP - Re-corker.

Call it a rebuttal to someone who has already taken the thread off topic. But if another smuggling thread can be closed (or better yet, removed), so much the better.

Edited by Out to sea!

• 2 years later...
On the Dream out of New Orleans in October, they cut the foil of our wine bottles and confiscated 2 out of the 3 bottles we had corked and shrink wrapped. It was one particularly strict agent. She checked mine and took it. The guy next to her handed her my sisters and she cut the foil and also took it. The guy on the other side of her, looked at my dads and put it back in his bag and let him through.

Were they taken because the cork had the corkscrew hole in the top?