$20 for unlimited food/drink/mayan ruin?

Do you know of a deal in Progreso that involves paying $20 and being taken to a place with unlimited food and drinks and access to Mayan ruins?

I posted a question about excursions a few days ago on Reddit, and someone told me about a deal they got on their honeymoon, but didn't remember the details. They just got on the first bus they saw, paid $20 each, and were whisked away to wonderland. This sounds interesting, but I don't want to get on the wrong bus. Anyone here have any experience with this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Carnival Elation, leaving New Orleans on May 11, 2015, with stops at Cozumel and Progreso. While at Progreso, we plan to take the (Carnival excursion) "Ancient Ruins & City Tour With Lunch" which I believe is one of those tours with "unlimited food & drink".

My biggest concern is that I will probably have my walker (with fold-down seat) along, though we will also have my folding wheelchair on the cruise. I have had Multiple Sclerosis for over 20 years and mobility is a problem. I am worried that this excursion will require too much walking &/or uneven terrain for me. Add to that my MS gets worse with heat and I expect it to be hot there. Will I be walking into a nightmare on this excursion?

This is my first cruise ever and my wife's second. If I have a flare-up, it can take DAYS to recover (ruining the rest of the cruise). If this excursion is one that I travel mostly on bus or other motor vehicle, and when I get out I can restrict my walking (while others may go further) I may be ok. I just don't know what to expect.

• 1 month later...

We have done a $35 all inclusive trip with Auto Progreso twice and are going again this June. This included a side trip to Xcambo Ruins but I don't see the ruins offed this year. They were very small but I'm glad we got to see them.

QUOTE=RichMaes;45914668]We will be on the Carnival Elation, leaving New Orleans on May 11, 2015, with stops at Cozumel and Progreso. While at Progreso, we plan to take the (Carnival excursion) "Ancient Ruins & City Tour With Lunch" which I believe is one of those tours with "unlimited food & drink".

My biggest concern is that I will probably have my walker (with fold-down seat) along, though we will also have my folding wheelchair on the cruise. I have had Multiple Sclerosis for over 20 years and mobility is a problem. I am worried that this excursion will require too much walking &/or uneven terrain for me. Add to that my MS gets worse with heat and I expect it to be hot there. Will I be walking into a nightmare on this excursion?

This is my first cruise ever and my wife's second. If I have a flare-up, it can take DAYS to recover (ruining the rest of the cruise). If this excursion is one that I travel mostly on bus or other motor vehicle, and when I get out I can restrict my walking (while others may go further) I may be ok. I just don't know what to expect.

We will be on the Carnival Elation, leaving New Orleans on May 11, 2015, with stops at Cozumel and Progreso. While at Progreso, we plan to take the (Carnival excursion) "Ancient Ruins & City Tour With Lunch" which I believe is one of those tours with "unlimited food & drink".

With this being your first cruise...you may want to consider an excursion that don't include the ruins. Look for an excursion that is considered Easy. The excursion you have planned says medical restrictions