Navigator Review - 1FEB15 Jamaica - Cayman - Cozumel

Deptacon

LOL - You are so right about the upselling. I'll admit I was one of those frenzied shoppers in my earlier days of cruising. I learned my lesson when 1) the designer watch and earrings set I purchased turned out to be a big disappointment. First, my watch literally fell apart on the plane back home and a piece of it fell into the aisle only to be stepped on by a passenger on their way to the lavatory. When I got home, I realized the "pearl" earrings were actually made of plastic. 2) On another cruise, my sister purchased a beautiful gold-tone necklace and earring set. One night after returning home she decided to wear it out to dinner. Her husband, a down-home country boy told her to "take that cheap looking ^&^() off". But I will admit I LOVE the $10 sales and always purchase one of the $10 watches to wear in port and usually one of the tote bags.

I couldn't have said it better....the upsetting will not promote repeat business. One woman on her first RCCL cruise said NEVER AGAIN. She had upsetting, noise, rowdy passengers and poor food as her reasons.

There was a group of very ... very... very noisy people on the ship...I understand several hundred in the group...

Example...one afternoon I went up to the top deck lounge to read. A group of about 25 brought their "boom box" and made sure everyone on that deck was part of their noise. This continued for several days and no one came to request a cool down. The noise continued and made it difficult to even have a conversation in the Diamond Lounge.

Ozzamocca1

I couldn't have said it better....the upsetting will not promote repeat business. One woman on her first RCCL cruise said NEVER AGAIN. She had upsetting, noise, rowdy passengers and poor food as her reasons.

There was a group of very ... very... very noisy people on the ship...I understand several hundred in the group...

Example...one afternoon I went up to the top deck lounge to read. A group of about 25 brought their "boom box" and made sure everyone on that deck was part of their noise. This continued for several days and no one came to request a cool down. The noise continued and made it difficult to even have a conversation in the Diamond Lounge.

Ozzamocca1

The group didn't bother me.... I honestly found them less of an issue as i expected. Most of the time i didnt notice them. I did notice the grumpy old 55+ typical cruise crowd to be an extra pain in the butt on this cruise....down right obnoxious... But i can write an entire additional review on that

My November 2014, Navigator of the seas experience.

Overall we had a great time! I walked through the promenade during the sales on the last day and on several other days. Not once did anyone try sell me a thing. I did purchase a new hand bag on my own.

As far as rowdy passengers, I never noticed them. We had a really nice cruise.

The food was good, not amazing, but it wasn't horrible as some have said. I'm a Foodie and my favorite meals were in the chop house and the main dining room. I had duck one night that was delicious! We ate at Izumi, sabor, chop house, Johnny Rockets and the windjammer.

I also don't have another cruise to compare this too as this was our first. We have another booked next January on Oasis of the seas. I'm pretty sure we're going to be addicted. Hubby is already talking about booking an Alaskan cruise and a Meditteranian. [emoji6]

Deptacon ... 1st photo, post #4 ... love those sandals!!! Do tell, where they were purchased ?? :)

Loved the review - simple and to the point !! Loved the photos !! We have been to those same ports twice and it brought back good memories. I agree, Jamaica is too beautiful to be scared - use common sense and good judgment and have a great visit. Everyone (native Jamaicans) we met were just awesome, nice people. I would not hesitate to go back.

IMG_5993_zpsyrykfuk8.jpg

Great information. Navigator and Freedom are two of my favorites. I was glad to see on my next Freedom cruise we will be in port with Navigator 3 times. I hope my balcony is on the pier side to watch the running of the later arrivals.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='CruzieSue']Deptacon ... 1st photo, post #4 ... love those sandals!!! Do tell, where they were purchased ?? :)

Loved the review - simple and to the point !! Loved the photos !! We have been to those same ports twice and it brought back good memories. I agree, Jamaica is too beautiful to be scared - use common sense and good judgment and have a great visit. Everyone (native Jamaicans) we met were just awesome, nice people. I would not hesitate to go back.[/QUOTE]

CruzieSue-I was wondering the same thing-those sandals are really cute!

[quote name='geoblond']CruzieSue-I was wondering the same thing-those sandals are really cute![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]I have a pair exactly like them that I got at Carnval Shoes. Love them![/COLOR][/FONT]