Suitcases

Luvs2Crooze

We have luggage from Debenhams - Tripp - it's often reduced so worth a look. It is very light - the lightest I've found anyway. They are soft top, not hard shell. We originally had a hard shell case but that came back from a flight with one corner bashed in. We subsequently saw a hard shell case on an airport carousel which had opened with contents everywhere. So we stick to the soft top and haven't had any problems.

There is a company called Flylite but I have found them much more expensive than the Tripp cases. Tripp come in all different sizes. We chose a bright blue set which is certainly easier to spot from afar than the many black ones.

Can anyone recommend lightest suitcase.

It is our first fly cruise any only have 20kg weight limit.

Thanks

Hayley

For light and very reasonable, look at TESCO and HOMEBASE both stock the IT range. Personally we prefer super tough Hardshells, but they come at a price. Still have sets of HOMMAGE spinners for over 12 years, bashed, battered and dented, but still going strong.

For light and very reasonable, look at TESCO and HOMEBASE both stock the IT range. Personally we prefer super tough Hardshells, but they come at a price. Still have sets of HOMMAGE spinners for over 12 years, bashed, battered and dented, but still going strong.

Additional information. MDW just reminded that her Sister purchased from TK MAXX - look online

Matalan also stock 'the worlds lightest suitcases', or if you live near a McArthur Glen outlet, there is a store that stocks them. I got two of the largest plus a carry on case for less than £90 as they were on promotion.

Molly

If you are on a P&O fly cruise it is 23kg of luggage can take 1case 23kg or 2 cases to the equivalent of 23kg but of course you have to consider the wieght of your 2nd case the 20kg I think you are looking at is the limit per case at Southampton have just completed a fly cruise and can assure you it is 23kg per person ...

:cool: yep. Lightweight summer stuff doesn't weigh a lot.

What about a different pair of heels for each outfit, more outfits than nights on the cruise "just in case", different bags/clutches, hair straighteners and God knows whatever else I lug around on my OH's behalf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about a different pair of heels for each outfit, more outfits than nights on the cruise "just in case", different bags/clutches, hair straighteners and God knows whatever else I lug around on my OH's behalf?

lets just say I'm not like your OH. I don't wear heels; if the weather is looking good my crocs would be coming with a smart pair of black flat shoes for evening wear, and I tend to make clothes and outfits last.

Agreed. DW shoes/bags alone have their own 23 kg suitcase. Clothing one and a half cases. Plus a pull along.:eek:

Agreed. DW shoes/bags alone have their own 23 kg suitcase. Clothing one and a half cases. Plus a pull along.:eek:

Yes. We are 3 cases per holiday, all weighing in at 23kg, then she still normally has to take some weight out of the case, usually the heaviest shoes and put them in her hand luggage.

What a nice man you really are?? I can see why your OH really, really, REALLY loves you!! Another reason I like sailing from S'ton - my shoes have the their own suitcase!!!

We have Samsonite Spinners, light weight and easy to manoeuvre. Make the most of your hand luggage to avoid excess charges. We always take 2 rollers for our hand luggage, more than once when checking in they have put one in the hold free of charge. just be carful not to carry sharps or liquids in your hand luggage though.

I bought Samsonite lightweight expanding suitcases when I was working abroad and flying weekly. Bought the soft cases not the hard shell and despite 4 years usage are still going strong. I think the weight excluding clothes is 3.5 kilo's. Still look good too, however I have had to attach ribbons for quick identification since they are a popular carousel choice. My daughters hard shell case got damaged during a recent UK flight (it fell off the luggage carrier on the way to the terminal) and we replaced it in TK Maxx, they had a wide selection of lightweight cases for really good prices.

20 kilos? Last time I took my suitcase on board it was only 10 kilos and it was pretty full. Its one of those soft duffel type ones with wheels on

I'm assuming you mean on board a plane in your quote as on another thread you have said about soon going on your first cruise. It is a lot harder to keep the suitcase weight down on cruises because of the evening wear, I would never manage 10kg but 20 kg is okay(just!)