RSVP Feb 2016 on Nieuw Amsterdam

Boytjie

RSVP announced this week that the cruise is sold out. Wow, with 5 months to go!

They are keeping a wait-list since there are always cancellation, so if you aren't booked and want to go, better get on that wait-list ASAP.

RSVP announced this week that the cruise is sold out. Wow, with 5 months to go!

They are keeping a wait-list since there are always cancellation, so if you aren't booked and want to go, better get on that wait-list ASAP.

I'm glad RSVP is back to selling out cruises. I think all three I've been on from 2009-2012 were somewhat less than sold out. The more the merrier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI everybody will need to travel with a passport on this cruise since St. Barts requires it.

Unlike most closed-loop Caribbean cruises where the US allows its citizens to travel with proof of citizenship, such as an original or copy of a birth certificate with a government issued photo ID, most Caribbean destinations do not require passports for cruisers - St. Barts does.

So if you don't have a passport - or yours is about to expire - start the application process now. US Passport cards are not valid, it has to be a passport book. Usually countries require that a passport be valid for 6 months after traveling there.

Also, non-US citizens may need a visa for St. Barts.

Edited by Boytjie

FYI everybody will need to travel with a passport on this cruise since St. Barts requires it.

So if you don't have a passport - or yours is about to expire - start the application process now. US Passport cards are not valid, it has to be a passport book. Usually countries require that a passport be valid for 6 months after traveling there.

Yes, do it NOW! Don't procrastinate and need to pay extra for quick service from the Passport Office.

Count us in, we kept calling RSVP and got a balcony cabin cancellation. We've been wait listed a few weeks but just kept calling.

We've sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam twice before (Barcelona-Venice and Caribbean last Christmas and NYE) and loved it.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hugs

Herb & John (Diamond & Ring)

Count us in, we kept calling RSVP and got a balcony cabin cancellation. We've been wait listed a few weeks but just kept calling.

We've sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam twice before (Barcelona-Venice and Caribbean last Christmas and NYE) and loved it.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hugs

Herb & John (Diamond & Ring)

Welcome aboard!

Booked ours not that long ago. The flight in was priced normally, but the return flight price was a good bit higher than usual... :confused:

Oh, well... Not a deal-breaker, for sure!

President's Day weekend at the end of the cruise. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Signed on to see what's been happening on the Thread. I have not booked my flight yet but have been looking at prices. They are much higher this year than they have been.

Also just booked the RSVP river boat sailing for next summer. a bit pricey but I know it will be a great time. Did one in 2013 that was great.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! I am thrilled to be going on this cruise again. I booked it while on board last February. Little did I know that I would also be celebrating my one year Anniversary with my BF on this cruise too! He and I met on the Regal Princess last February and have been going strong since. We laugh that we met on the "LOVE BOAT" on Valentine's day, but it is true! We are both excited to be sailing together on this cruise. Here we are on the RSVP Alaska Cruise in August - we had the time of our life!

11825799_10153427904968614_2779225633381795926_n.jpg?oh=741bdc1efa7abaa8698ce04784642193&oe=56ED4511

Hey everyone! I am thrilled to be going on this cruise again. I booked it while on board last February. Little did I know that I would also be celebrating my one year Anniversary with my BF on this cruise too! He and I met on the Regal Princess last February and have been going strong since. We laugh that we met on the "LOVE BOAT" on Valentine's day, but it is true! We are both excited to be sailing together on this cruise. Here we are on the RSVP Alaska Cruise in August - we had the time of our life!

11825799_10153427904968614_2779225633381795926_n.jpg?oh=741bdc1efa7abaa8698ce04784642193&oe=56ED4511

That's wonderful. And a great story too.

Congratulations on the 1 year mark. Our anniversary is Valentine's Day also and we will be hitting 28 years at the end of this cruise. We met at Mardi Gras in 1988 which was the first year there were a million people there. So we consider it one in a million and you can take great pride in meeting on the love boat! :D We got married in July of this year (still can't believe it) and look forward to our 3rd RSVP cruise in February. Enjoy your anniversary trip!! :)

Signed on to see what's been happening on the Thread. I have not booked my flight yet but have been looking at prices. They are much higher this year than they have been.

Also just booked the RSVP river boat sailing for next summer. a bit pricey but I know it will be a great time. Did one in 2013 that was great.

I booked my flight back in June, and I paid about $45 more than a comparable roundtrip flight from Portland, Oregon to FLL. Fortunately that was only about a 10% increase, from $400 to $445. I would actually pay more to fly someplace like Chicago, which is a shorter flight, so go figure.

February 7

“We Are The Champions” Welcome Party 10:30pm–2:30am

With tonight’s Super Bowl winding down, we celebrate our first night on Nieuw Amsterdam with a salute to champions large and small! Welcome aboard, Champ!

February 8

New Moon: Underwear Party 10:30pm–2:30am

Half Moon? Full moon? It’s totally your call as the Caribbean plunges into darkness with the New Moon! From itsy bitsy teenie weenie briefs to your most comfortable pair of long johns and everything in between, this skin-tabulous night is all about underwear as we dance under a sky full of stars!

February 9

Divas: Fat Tuesday Edition 3:30pm–6:00pm

As we kick off this Carnival day celebration with music from the divas you love, be sure to pick up colored beads to let others know whether you’re single (green), taken (purple), or somewhere in between (gold).

Mardi Gras Costume Contest & Party

Contest: The Showroom 10pm

Night Party: 11pm–2:30pm

Laissez le bon temp rouler! Let the good times roll as our longest-running tradition opens the floodgates to all this fantastic night has to offer! Whether you go N’Awlins-style (which pretty much means anything and everything goes) or with the flash and pageantry of Rio, this Carnival night we’ll crown a new Queen or King of Mardi Gras! The most creative costume wins a $1000 credit toward a future RSVP cruise. Second place is a $500 future cruise credit and third place a $250 future cruise credit.

February 10

Bound! 10:30pm–2:30am

Tonight we turn to the dark side as we celebrate the world of the forbidden and taboo. Voyeurs welcome.

February 11

Hungry Like the Wolf: A Tribute to the 80s. 10:30pm–2:30am

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You as we party All Night Long with this Thriller of an 80s celebration for those who Wanna Dance With Somebody Like A Virgin!

February 12

Disco Zootopia. 4pm–6:30pm

Uncage your animal instincts to the 70s music you love just in time for the new Pixar release, Zootopia! It’s the ultimate mash-up: boogie and the beast. It’s like nothing you’ve seen be-fur!

YouCreate Party 10:30pm–2:30am

Now in its third year, our groundbreaking YouCreate Party has turned into one of our most popular new traditions – where YOU get to call the shots for one of our biggest parties of the week! Simply submit your theme ideas by December 8. We’ll narrow them down to a Top Five and all Nieuw Amsterdam guests will vote on a final winning theme. We’ll reveal the winner about a month before we set sail!

February 13

"violet, Violet” T-Dance 4pm–6:30pm

Old friends. New friends. Gold friends. Blue friends. This afternoon, our traditional Color T-Dance lets us loose in a world of pure imagination as the Atlantic Ocean turns purple in this RSVP Fun Factory!