How to get on board credit and watch for price drops

snapsbymel

I am interested in how to watch for price drops as well. I set up for the email alerts.

We booked just a few days ago, using the $99each deposit (for us x4) and pay final payment 30 days before sailing. Would the same rules apply in our situation? We only booked a few days ago so it was not using the early saver option.

I am interested in how to watch for price drops as well. I set up for the email alerts.

We booked just a few days ago, using the $99each deposit (for us x4) and pay final payment 30 days before sailing. Would the same rules apply in our situation? We only booked a few days ago so it was not using the early saver option.

I believe you are past final payment date and not booked early saver you won't be able to get any price drops.

You will be able to possibly upgrade to a better cabin if the prices drop.

Bill

What is pvp? I booked directly through carnival. This is our base price. Does this mean I need to submit a form for the $15 difference? Does it matter how often we do this?

PVP - Personal Vacation Planner This would be the person that you booked your cruise thru at Carnival.

The rates can change several times a day; both up and down. I have witnessed this and when I asked my PVP about it he said they could change up to 3 times a day. Even when a "sale" is going on the rates will change.

Sometimes the base advertised rate stays the same, but the category upgrades will change so do a complete mock booking or use Fareviewer when checking rates.

Edited by M&T ReadyToCruiseAgain
spelling

Oh man, I'm going to go crazy checking this thing all the time. Right now I'm checking fareviewer under early saver. Should I check the others also? What does it mean when I looked under price select, the price was higher but they offered free upgrade? Does this

Mean anything to me? Is it best to stay where I am because it's more likely to get a reduction in the category that I'm in? I'm in a oceanview category 6C room