Serenade Cabin 9092 - More noise since rehab?

Hi All,

I considered myself lucky to be able to catch 9092 available on the Serenade. However, after reading some threads, I'm learning that there is more noise filtering into the cabin than before due to a speaker upgrade in the Centrum. Anyone sail recently in this cabin or one close by it? Apparently, this was once a quiet cabin, but maybe not so much anymore? Does it quiet down at a certain time typically? Thanks in advance for the input! :)

Edited by CharlieDog4
Duplicate post - please delete - sorry

Thanks for the input.

9590 is now available, so I have a courtesy hold on it. Still on the hump, but on the starboard side. Smaller balcony than 9092, but maybe quieter? It seems there is a wall with a kind of private hallway - hoping that will buffer the Centrum noise?

Appreciate any other input. I have been reading lots of threads, but most of them seem to be older - before this apparent upgrade that affected noise levels. What time does it usually quiet down in the Centrum anyway? Midnight?

Thanks all! :)

We had #9078 on the Serenade a few years ago and right after the re-fit and it was the noisiest cabin ever. The music from the Centrum/Atrium permeated via both the hall and elevators. They tried closing the emergency doors during the performances to no avail and at times it made it worse when pax went to their cabins and the door opened/slammed. TG, we were able to vacate to a cabin away from the centrum.

We had #9078 on the Serenade a few years ago and right after the re-fit and it was the noisiest cabin ever. The music from the Centrum/Atrium permeated via both the hall and elevators. They tried closing the emergency doors during the performances to no avail and at times it made it worse when pax went to their cabins and the door opened/slammed. TG, we were able to vacate to a cabin away from the centrum.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Well, I chickened out totally from booking either of the Deck 9 hump cabins and booked 8614 instead. I read lots of reviews, and it seemed chancy regarding the noise level. 8614 is still mid ship (I like the smoothest ride possible), but seems far away enough to hopefully not pick up the Centrum noise.