Activities to do in belize????

Kalae09

Hi,

This is our first time cruising in a couple weeks. My friend and I are taking carnival dream to Isla rotan, Belize, and Cozumel. I am really stuck on what to do for the port of call for Belize. I have no interest in zip lining and touring the city. I really want to see the rainforest and/or some of the waterfalls . Not much came up on Google about this. Does anyone have suggestions on how or what to do? I assume our port is in Belize city . We are young so have no trouble hiking, walking etc.

Thank you

A nice Horse Back Riding in the Jungle and viewing the river, possible monkeys and scenery is doable through Way To Go Tours Belize since you folks wouldn't mind doing some hiking and adventure. It's great for all ages so if there are elders in the group it wouldnt be a problem. Their email is wtg_792@hotmail dot com

Who is this with? Please and thank you!

It's with Coral Breeze Tours. They have a website. $25 deposit for both of us and the balance is due at the port.

The excursion, with lunch is $75. I would skip the lunch option and eat at Terry's Grill. Huge BBQ lobster and side dishes for about $12. Have a few Belikin beers at Lazy Lizard bar at the Split and you are set for the return boat ride to Belize City.

Edited by YubaSutter

The Lamanai ruins are nice because there's a portion going on the river (where they stop to point out nature "stuff"), walking through the rainforest, and some pretty spectacular Mayan ruins (well, unless you've been to Chitzen Itza).