help remembering the name of French waiter Verandah QV

maitai999

Please can someone refresh my memory by reminding me what is the name of the small mature French gentleman who is a waiter in the Verandah restaurant on the QV. He has worked for Cunard for over 40 yrs I think he said and had many amazing stories of the QE2. I want to give a friend a gift to pass onto him on her next voyage. Many thanks, I am sure many of you will know him.

I believe his name is Jose ? He is one of only two other crew members who are still working on Q.Victoria with a long service on Cunard.

I think he is actually Portuguese ? (with a name like Jose) as his home when not at sea is in the Algarve.

:)

If it is Jose you mean, he is indeed Portuguese. He served us on our QM2 cruise in 2008 and remembered us 2 years later when we bumped into him on QV. He was working in Todd English at that time.

I'm glad to hear he's still onboard.

Edited by hattie the cattie

Yes this would be him. He occasionally looked after Mum and I on the QE2 and aways remembered ( even if it had been a year that had passed by before we travelled again) Mums Green Tea & Ginger at the end of the evening meals .... Now how cool is that ;)

I'm sure we all have tales to tell of these wonderful & hard working Cunard staff who have, and still continue to look after us, whether it's front line or behind the scenes.

:)

Yes I was referring to Jose, and my error he is Portuguese. A rather exceptional gentleman who served us every evening in the Verandah on the QV last summer and his attention never failed to make a special evening into a magnificent one. Thanks everyone.

Edited by maitai999