Vista advice please

lisajm

Ok....I have been looking @ the Vista. I found a trip that I really like Feb 25, 2017. An 8 day Eastern Caribbean. I would be on the ship on my birthday. And I want a Havana Cabana.

Now here is the deal. DH not a huge fan of cruising. We went on the Breeze in November, and his reply "It was okay", but he sort of agreed to try the Vista.

Here are my options:

1. Book the Vista on my upcoming cruise in March to get OBC. Obviously ES but seriously doubt if price will go down. And not cruise again until this trip

2. Don't book the Vista and relieve DH of cruising this trip and take several more cruises for the price of both of going on the Vista. He doesn't mind if I cruise without him.

What do you think?

Ok....I have been looking @ the Vista. I found a trip that I really like Feb 25, 2017. An 8 day Eastern Caribbean. I would be on the ship on my birthday. And I want a Havana Cabana.

Now here is the deal. DH not a huge fan of cruising. We went on the Breeze in November, and his reply "It was okay", but he sort of agreed to try the Vista.

Here are my options:

1. Book the Vista on my upcoming cruise in March to get OBC. Obviously ES but seriously doubt if price will go down. And not cruise again until this trip

2. Don't book the Vista and relieve DH of cruising this trip and take several more cruises for the price of both of going on the Vista. He doesn't mind if I cruise without him.

What do you think?

Since you asked what we think, here's my advice:

Book your Vista Havana Cabana on your March cruise, but do so under Past Guest rate, NOT ES. The deposit is the same amount either way and the cruise is so far away that you could either convince hubby that it's important since it's your birthday cruise or transfer the booking to a different cruise that you can take with a friend. Since it's PG rate, you'll have no penalty for cancelling nor for changing sailings/ships. With PG rate, you're still eligible for price reductions until the final payment date. If you do decide to sail Vista, you will be able to transfer it to ES as long as it's available.

That's what I would do.

Good luck.