Carnival Gift Cards

misslucy01

Can we apply them to our account when we're checking in before boarding or do we have to wait in the long pursers line on board?

I'm not sure if you can do it at check in. If you don't want to wait at GS (this is where being Platinum/Diamond/ having FTTF comes in handy) go to a self service kiosk and do it there. It only takes like 2 minutes.

I'm not sure if you can do it at check in. If you don't want to wait at GS (this is where being Platinum/Diamond/ having FTTF comes in handy) go to a self service kiosk and do it there. It only takes like 2 minutes.

Ive checked for FTTF about 10 times a day - by the time we booked our March cruise in January it was already sold out. Having had it for the last three cruises I know I will miss it :(

We used GC's to make final payments on 3 staterooms and also applied 7 GC's to our sign and sail accounts when we got on board. We used the kiosks and all of them worked fine except 1 we had to go to guest services. For some reason the kiosk couldn't find it. You don't need to do it immediately when boarding. Just at some point before the final day. We will definitely be using these from now on. We got A LOT of free gas by using the GC's.

Can one use gift card to use toward payment of cruise?

Yes, we bought two Carnival Gift Cards at Giant Eagle for the Fuel Perks, and applied them to make our final payment. We had already put the deposit on a credit card, so I'm not sure if you can pay for a deposit with one, though. You can also use multiple gift cards, though it took me a couple tries to figure out how; you have to apply them as smaller payments one at a time. We bought the kind that you determine the value of at the register, and each purchased one to split the cost between our personal accounts (rather than just buying one for the whole amount).