Extra Pre Land/Cruise Day in Fairbanks

forwardho

We have arranged an extra day before the Holland land/cruise begins by flying in the day before. We are doing the Discovery River Cruise as part of our package. We are not renting a car. We are hoping to walk around the historical district and take in the pipe art and all that Fairbanks has to offer. I was excited to learn that there is free public transportation for us 60+ seniors. Is it easy to follow it to take it to the Museum of North and Pioneer Park? We will be staying at the Westmark. Is there a stop nearby? Also, are there any restaurants you would recommend that are in walking distance to our hotel serving good Alaskan seafood and game food?

The city buses are not convenient and don't run often, like you may be used to. Shouldn't be much of a walk for you to get to the transit center. I would suggest you may want to take a look at the Public Lands exhibits which is near where you are.

Thank you. We were planning to walk up to see the Golden Heart Plaza and Antler Arch and the River Walk. Is that what you meant by the Public Land Exhibits? I was hoping to go to the Museum in the afternoon if we could get there and back . So you don't recommend the public bus?

Thank you. We were planning to walk up to see the Golden Heart Plaza and Antler Arch and the River Walk. Is that what you meant by the Public Land Exhibits? I was hoping to go to the Museum in the afternoon if we could get there and back . So you don't recommend the public bus?

No this is what I'm referring to. http://www.alaskacenters.gov/fairbanks.cfm

The bus will take a lot of time you may not have if you want to include other stuff.