How do you qualify for price drops?

BigB0882

I think you can book through a TA, you just need to find a different TA.

You got that right. We emailed our TA to inquire. I sent her screenshots and showed the huge price difference. Her response took 2 days and then she simply sent a screen shot showing that the price was back to normal. She even tried denying there was any such Pack and Play offer. We basically told her to not worry about us anymore as we obviously know how to help ourselves and look out for our best interests better than she does and we wouldn't need her assistance anymore. Can't believe how rude she was and so short. I doubt I will ever use a TA again as long as I cruise Carnival.

Edited by BigB0882

Don't feel bad. It takes quite awhile to learn the pricing process what with all the rules and exceptions. As for the TA, I use one and she is fantastic. Don't however, expect the TA to search out prices decreases. If she has 100 clients, she would have to check pricing every day with every cruise line with the end result of reducing their commission. So I do all my own price checking and then advise the TA when the price changes. Cruise Critic is very helpful finding price changes. At that point, I expect the TA to take over and input the paper work. I buy my cruises while on cruises to get the $100 credit and I always add the TA to the paper work. I book Military which has similar guidelines to ES except that price drops can only be accepted before final payment which is about 2 months before the cruise date. The advantage to Military is that it is easier to cancel a cruise as compared to ES. I had 5 decreases amounting to over $900 on my prior cruise.