Upgrade Question

ChristinaN

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck requesting an upgrade from 2 cabins to one Haven Family Suite after final payment? Or been offered such an upgrade by the upswell fairy? Seems like a far fetched possibility but there are still lots of these suites available on our sailing.

I would call and ask your TA to check for you, or call NCL if you booked directly. As long as you're willing to pay more, even a little bit more, you might be able to get your cabin changed without cancellation fees or losing any promotions that were in effect at the time of booking.

I would call and ask your TA to check for you, or call NCL if you booked directly. As long as you're willing to pay more, even a little bit more, you might be able to get your cabin changed without cancellation fees or losing any promotions that were in effect at the time of booking.

Upgrading a cabin without cancelling a reservation is very different story from cancelling one reservation and moving passengers to another.

I called NCL a few weeks ago to ask about upgrading after final payment. I was told that as long as it's an upgrade, there would be no cancellation fees. Now, I'm not sure if the story would be the same if there had been a price drop and the "upgrade" actually now cost less than the original booking. We didn't get into that scenario.

Definitely call and check. We had two balconies booked last April on the Dawn, and were able to upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite (they don't have a haven on the Dawn but I can't see that it would matter) we did that 30 days out. We did NOT have to pay cancellation fees for canceling the second cabin, but we did have to pay the cost of one balcony at the time we switched then be reimbursed after NCL cancelled the balconies, they couldn't transfer the funds from both cabins to the suite, just one so we had to pay the difference and wait to be reimbursed.