Transatlantic travelling

Daddyglove

Hi we are now looking at booking a tranatlantic cruise next october but would like to know how it works concerning the flights and getting your car.

I am looking at sailing from southampton then flying back to manchester airport.

Were would i park my car is it southampton or manchester airport.

Wherever i park my car is travel included to either southampton or manchester and if travel is included is it by coach or flights.

Hope someone can help

You can park your car at Manchester Airport and P&O have a free coach to take you from the airport to Southampton. Although the coach is free, you still need to book it so they know how many coaches to put on. There will probably be at least six coaches leaving early morning.

Brian

Sorry but for me there is only one way to do a Transatlantic and that is on the QM2. (Cunard)

It is built for such a trip - we had 10 metre swells and a force 10.

We also flew to NYC spent a few days there and QM2 back. You are not restricted then bringing all that shopping back !!

We flew from Birmingham and train back.

A one way hire car may be cheaper than paying airport parking and you can leave your own car at home.

Enterprise have a depot at Gate 8 just immediately outside the dock fence and they have good rates.

Alternatively, you could also get a taxi to the airport and still use the free P&O coach. Then you dont have to pay airport parking.

Brian

We used Enterprise Brian......we drove to the ship and dropped our cases off and then dropped the car off at the enterprise office and then walked back to the ship as it was a lovely warm sunny day (October 31st).....we were sat on deck with a G and T within 30mins of dropping the car off :-)