Carnival Magic Debarkation Galveston

cruisealot

What time does debarkation for Platinum guests usually start. I know when I'm looking at my booking it says 8:00 am, but I didn't know how accurate that was. I'm trying to book a shuttle to Houston Hobby, and I would like to try and get an accurate pick up time.

Also, does the Carnival Magic usually dock on time or delayed frequently? We are traveling on the April 19th cruise.

Thanks,

cruisealot

From what i remember, immediately after self-assit. At this time of year, fog can definitely delay your disembarkation. Once we disembarked as early as 7:00 AM, and another time we were fogged in until 2:00 PM. And, when there is fog delay, shuttles for all cruise lines are scrambling, as well as others boarding for new cruise. It's really a traffic issue with fog delays, just figure in this can impact your disembarkation.

Magic usually comes in on time. I have seen debarkation start as early as 7:30 however your cruise goes to Belize and those tend to debark more slowly. If you are doing self disembark I do not think your platinum status will help. Rather you will get off with the masses. If you are doing regular disembark you will be off the ship before it get really crazy. Last trip into Galveston with regular disembark we were off and thru customs by 8:30. The shuttle drivers know what is going on with disembark. Have a wonderful cruise.

Last cruise on the Magic in January platinum self assist was scheduled for 0800 and the rest of platinum was at 0830 but we were delayed clearing customs so it actually turned out to be 0830 and 0900.

Cruise before on the Magic we actually went 30 minutes earlier than scheduled so go figure.