DSLR lens

Miss Dot

I bought one and wish I hadn't. The quality of the pictures is a disappointment. Subsequently, I bought a Tamron SP 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di VC USD. I took that lens on an African photo safari and am very happy with it. Lesson learned is stick to SP lenses in the Tamron line.

Here a a link to a gallery of Africa photos, many of which were taken with the Tamron 70-300

Sent using Tapatalk

nice photos!!

Thank you Li'lImp! Each time I went to that forum I only got pictures - no discussion threads!

If you go to the page with the Forums listed (under Community) you will see that one whole section is dedicated to Photography: "Digital Photography & Cruise Technology".

Within that listing, there is a forum specifically for "Photo and Camera Discussions", the last forum listed in that group.

While that is the link that was shared for you, it must just not be landing correctly for you. Hope this approach helps.

Love my Nikon 18-300mm.

Me too! I bought a 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor Lens 2 months ago for my Nikon and plan to make it the only lens I take with me to Alaska!

I'm flying cross country from FL to Seattle and don't want to worry about multiple lenses in my carry-on. Plus this lens saves me so much time and frustration because I don't have to change from my 18-55 mm lens to my 35-200mm lens AND it gives me an even greater zoom! At almost $900, I had to think long and hard about purchasing it, but I'm glad I did!

The only cons I've encountered thus far has been that it's heavier (of course!) than either of my other lenses (but still not as heavy as carrying multiple lenses) and none of my filters or lens hood fit it. (I had to buy a new 67mm lens.)

I've used this lens to photograph a golf tournament, a weekend youth conference, and, at the request of my priest, Easter Sunday Mass at my church. The pictures are outstanding, even in the low light settings of the church, and thanks to the 300mm zoom, I was able to be a stealthy ninja photographer at all 3 events.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too! I bought a 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor Lens 2 months ago for my Nikon and plan to make it the only lens I take with me to Alaska!

none of my filters or lens hood fit it. (I had to buy a new 67mm lens.)

I thought that lends takes a 77mm filter.

The only challenge I had was the wet August weather in Alaska. Just got myself one of those Sigma WR filters. Can't wait to test it in the rain to see how well it disperses water on the lens.

I thought that lends takes a 77mm filter.

The only challenge I had was the wet August weather in Alaska. Just got myself one of those Sigma WR filters. Can't wait to test it in the rain to see how well it disperses water on the lens.

The 67mm lens hood fit perfectly. My friend bought the exact same lens and a 72mm hood that was supposed to fit, but it was way too big,

I have a camera sleeve for the wet weather. Hope that's all I'll need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk