O'Sheehan's Bar and Grill on the Dawn Questions

LaCal

According to post no 2, the conversion to o'Sheehans isn't dues until next year so, if that's correct, it will still be Blue Lagoon.

Both are complimentary anyway.

thanks for replies, perhaps I should have said oct 2016 not oct 16 :) so I presumed (wrongly ? ) that the blue lagoon would be O'sheehans by then

thanks for replies, perhaps I should have said oct 2016 not oct 16 :) so I presumed (wrongly ? ) that the blue lagoon would be O'sheehans by then

Yes, Dawn is scheduled to drydock at the beginning of October 2016. I will be on her at the end of that October myself and am looking forward to a pretty ship! Hopefully O'Sheehan's will be included in that, although I don't know for sure what they will be changing. The Sun has a nice Sports Bar instead of Blue Lagoon. For all we know, with Mr. Sheehan no longer with NCL, they could put that in instead. We will have to wait and see.

Eh, it's not my favorite, but I'm also not a fan of on the bone wings, which is their specialty and lots of folks like them. It's basic pub fair, chicken fingers, burger, wings. It's open 24/7 so it's good for take out when you want something more than the room service menu. I've grabbed chicken fingers and fries for a late night snack before, and I bet if I ever asked, I could get some buffalo sauce on the side to see what all the fuss is about! I'll have to remember that when I'm on the Dawn later this year!

I have tried the wings on both the Gem and the Dawn. I have no clue what the fuss is about because I found them to be terrible. The sauce is ketchup based and ketchup is no where to be found in "buffalo sauce". Take a squirt of ketchup, throw in a squirt of tobasco and that is NCL's version of buffalo. Nasty!

Damn. Ok thx. Anyone know how the Blue Lagoon on the Dawn is??

Have sailed on Dawn 3 times, visited Blue Lagoon maybe 6 times (never for breakfast, always forgot they did breakfast). Service was "hit or miss", mostly not very friendly service compared to any other food venue on the ship, although we did have an older (50's ?) waiter last year who was funny, friendly, and fast. It always seemed as though the food was coming from somewhere far away on the ship. Not sure if they prepare it on the same deck. Hot dog was good. Chicken wings not bad/not great.