Cabin Selection- Radiance, Brilliance, Jewel OTS ships

Catalina

We just returned from a Baltic cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. Our cabin, 8588, faced directly on the Centrum. There were other, similar cabins on decks 6, 7, and 9. Warning: the music in the Centrum is now loud and amplified for dancing. The music goes until 12:30 at night and pounds through the door of the cabins nearby. Since we lost 3 hours as we traveled across various time zones to the east, this equated to about 3:30 AM for us at one point. Just about wore us out, since we could NOT sleep through it. The only relief was to leave our balcony door open and have the cold wind and wave sounds drown out the music. We changed to another cabin about 1/2 way through the cruise. Since we were on deck 8, I imagine that decks 6 and 7 were even worse. Double check your cabin to insure that you do not have the same problem, which almost ruined our cruise.:(

We had balcony cabin #9584 and it was incredible!! This cabin is in the middle of the bubble midship that juts out over the water.

On the opposite side of the ship it is where the glass elevators are. It is such a desirable location that right above our cabin on the highest deck with passenger cabins, deck 10, is the owners suite.

Actually the cabins on either side of #9584 are also just as good and I am sure the ones on deck 8 at the same location are also great.

• 3 weeks later...
We had balcony cabin #9584 and it was incredible!! This cabin is in the middle of the bubble midship that juts out over the water.

On the opposite side of the ship it is where the glass elevators are. It is such a desirable location that right above our cabin on the highest deck with passenger cabins, deck 10, is the owners suite.

Actually the cabins on either side of #9584 are also just as good and I am sure the ones on deck 8 at the same location are also great.

I have 9584 booked on Radiance next year for two weeks in Alaska. Any pictures

Funny, we were in 8588 on the Radiance for the 15 day Panama Canal Cruise and loved the room! We did not have a problem with the music from the Centrum..........Rosario String, a Quartet of Musicians from Toronto Canada and a Piano Player. No problems with noise ever! As a matter of fate it was one of the best balcony cabins we have ever had!

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: We're booked on the Radiance in a Grand Suite. In other Suites we have been in on other Cruise Ships there have always been Stereos DVD Players etc. They're always nice to have when having a small cocktail party before dinner...Does anyone know what they offer in the Grand Suites on The Radiance of the Seas...

Thanks

Cody:)

I know that the Serenade and Brilliance have DVD's for music and movies. I would assume the Radiance does also. The consierge has a selection of both movies and music that you can use for free. I always bring my CD "ZZ Tops Greatest Hits" as I love to listen to it while I unpack.

:confused: We're booked on the Radiance in a Grand Suite. In other Suites we have been in on other Cruise Ships there have always been Stereos DVD Players etc. They're always nice to have when having a small cocktail party before dinner...Does anyone know what they offer in the Grand Suites on The Radiance of the Seas...

Thanks

Cody:)

I can confirm the CD's and DVD's. You also get slippers and the use of bathrobes. There's also some nice larger sized toilteries - shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, scrunchie , cotton balls and cotton buds. And not to mention the Concirege lounge.

Archived