Anthem -- rotational dining -- reservations for shows?

Maraprince

Does anyone know if you choose 2nd sitting dining/rotational dining do you still need to reserve shows prior to boarding the ship?

My concern is that with all the switching around to different dining venues and not knowing how long dinner will take on any given night, how do you plan for the shows? Are the shows repeated more than once a night?

MARAPRINCE

Have you seen anything yet on reserving Rotational Dining? I am on Anthem later this year and I just made my reservations for Dynamic Dining based on the suggestion I was given since "Classic" (aka Rotational) Dining is not yet available and then I can switch to Classic when it becomes available.

With that said, when we were on the Quantum, most of the main theater shows were around 9:00. There might have been a sporadic early show, but I do not remember. I also know that the show in the 270 was later than that (I think it was 10:30). Because of my own concern not knowing the entertainment times for Anthem, I just called Royal and was told that early shows are either 7:00 or 7:30, and late shows are 9:00, 9:30 or 10:30.

As for the length of time for dinner, we never had a problem because we mentioned to the waiter or waitress that we had a show to get to (we were eating at 7:00) and we made every show (even getting there for the reservation line 1/2 hour early). To play it safe on Anthem, we are eating at 6:30 or 6:45 every night.

When they do start the Rotational Dining, I am hoping that the seating times are more in line with what they have in the MDR on their other ships, but to be honest, we will not know until they tell us, and from what I was just told, they do not know when they will be able to tell us (and to think, Anthem sails her maiden voyage in April).

Last point, Royal keeps saying that entertainment times will not be available until 60-90 days before sailing, but I will keep my eyes on that so I can grab my reservations ASAP. The show in the 270 is shown several times and so is the Broadway show in the main theater (about 3 times). I think Sonic Odyssey was performed more than once as well in the main theater. I do not remember if the guest entertainers had more than one show or not.

I know that what I am giving you is probably just as generic as what you have heard so far, but I am hoping that it helps a little.

Does anyone know if you choose 2nd sitting dining/rotational dining do you still need to reserve shows prior to boarding the ship?

My concern is that with all the switching around to different dining venues and not knowing how long dinner will take on any given night, how do you plan for the shows? Are the shows repeated more than once a night?

MARAPRINCE

for what i have been reading rotating dinning is ging to be called classic dinning and again its going to be some time in march before they let people know abount it

For Classic dining there will be an early and a late seating very similar to the early and late seating on other ships I.e. 5:30 and 8:30

You will still need to make reservations for the shows just like on Oasis and Allure. Dinner will take approximately the same amount of time in each restaurant. Allow 1 1/2 hours and just let your waiter know that you have show reservations at a certain time.

The Classic option on ships with DD is a just a standing reservation within the DD system and does not alter all the other things already in place (and it doesn't relieve you from having to book everything else). If you want to ensure a seat for the production shows you should make reservations before boarding.

For Classic dining there will be an early and a late seating very similar to the early and late seating on other ships I.e. 5:30 and 8:30

You will still need to make reservations for the shows just like on Oasis and Allure. Dinner will take approximately the same amount of time in each restaurant. Allow 1 1/2 hours and just let your waiter know that you have show reservations at a certain time.

thanks for that info going on anthem 20 june will let every one know how it goes

Have you seen anything yet on reserving Rotational Dining? I am on Anthem later this year and I just made my reservations for Dynamic Dining based on the suggestion I was given since "Classic" (aka Rotational) Dining is not yet available and then I can switch to Classic when it becomes available.

With that said, when we were on the Quantum, most of the main theater shows were around 9:00. There might have been a sporadic early show, but I do not remember. I also know that the show in the 270 was later than that (I think it was 10:30). Because of my own concern not knowing the entertainment times for Anthem, I just called Royal and was told that early shows are either 7:00 or 7:30, and late shows are 9:00, 9:30 or 10:30.

As for the length of time for dinner, we never had a problem because we mentioned to the waiter or waitress that we had a show to get to (we were eating at 7:00) and we made every show (even getting there for the reservation line 1/2 hour early). To play it safe on Anthem, we are eating at 6:30 or 6:45 every night.

When they do start the Rotational Dining, I am hoping that the seating times are more in line with what they have in the MDR on their other ships, but to be honest, we will not know until they tell us, and from what I was just told, they do not know when they will be able to tell us (and to think, Anthem sails her maiden voyage in April).

Last point, Royal keeps saying that entertainment times will not be available until 60-90 days before sailing, but I will keep my eyes on that so I can grab my reservations ASAP. The show in the 270 is shown several times and so is the Broadway show in the main theater (about 3 times). I think Sonic Odyssey was performed more than once as well in the main theater. I do not remember if the guest entertainers had more than one show or not.

I know that what I am giving you is probably just as generic as what you have heard so far, but I am hoping that it helps a little.

Thanks. We would not be booking anything before the ship is based in Bayonne. Perhaps at that point some of the "bugs" will be worked out. Looks like we could not safely book anything but a 10:30 PM show to ensure we have time to eat dinner at 8:30 PM and then make our way over to the show location.

Hope your reservations work out for you on your sailing.

MARAPRINCE