Posh on Epic

Cruzmermaid12

Hi all,

We are booked in March on the Epic and wondering about the Posh level.... I haven't seen any recent posts about this.. Since we are going over spring break I am afraid of the ship being very crowded.

Questions.... :confused:

1. How much does it cost for the posh level?

2. Is it still only 20 extra passes available per sailing?

3. Can you book this ahead of time?

4. Is it worth it? Is there shade?

My mom NEEDS shade... And on every cruise we have been on... Shade is scarce! Lol :D

Thanks!!!

Hi all,

We are booked in March on the Epic and wondering about the Posh level.... I haven't seen any recent posts about this.. Since we are going over spring break I am afraid of the ship being very crowded.

My mom NEEDS shade... And on every cruise we have been on... Shade is scarce! Lol :D

Thanks!!!

$99/ea

Passes are allocated according to Haven/suite occupancy

No

Subjective, so hard to guess if it will be worth it for you. Umbrellas are available but, if wind is strong, they don't open them.

When we were on the Epic last year I had no problems finding shade in Posh. I didn't use an umbrella -- I just sat back away from the glass and the wall near the entrance provided shade for me. Obviously your luck with that depends on direction and placement of the sun!

I will be on the Epic again next week and plan on using Posh a lot and I need shade as well. Depending on when you are on board I can give another update when we get back if it won't be too late for you.

Don't know where the $99 came from but we paid around $100 for the two of us last January.

Be aware Posh is for adults only. Did see one family walk through to look

but didn't stay. There are some shaded loungers.

Board very early and purchase pass immediately. They tend to go fast.

Sail-away party includes free drinks and snacks.

When we were on the Epic last year I had no problems finding shade in Posh. I didn't use an umbrella -- I just sat back away from the glass and the wall near the entrance provided shade for me. Obviously your luck with that depends on direction and placement of the sun!

I will be on the Epic again next week and plan on using Posh a lot and I need shade as well. Depending on when you are on board I can give another update when we get back if it won't be too late for you.

Thank you.... That would be great... I don't go until March 22! I wish it was next week ;)

Don't know where the $99 came from but we paid around $100 for the two of us last January.

Be aware Posh is for adults only. Did see one family walk through to look

but didn't stay. There are some shaded loungers.

Board very early and purchase pass immediately. They tend to go fast.

Sail-away party includes free drinks and snacks.

Thank you! Sounds well worth the price!!!

Hi all,

Thanks!!!

I just checked on the posh level through NCL customer service….I was wondering the same thing…..apparently it is only open for purchase on the ship. As you know there are limited passes available so she suggested purchasing as soon (and as early) as you can on the ship. One day pass $15.00, one week pass (starting 2nd day of cruise) is $59.00. I think I'm definitely going with the one week. It will be a nice place to relax.

I just checked on the posh level through NCL customer service….I was wondering the same thing…..apparently it is only open for purchase on the ship. As you know there are limited passes available so she suggested purchasing as soon (and as early) as you can on the ship. One day pass $15.00, one week pass (starting 2nd day of cruise) is $59.00. I think I'm definitely going with the one week. It will be a nice place to relax.

We are on the same cruise!! Just seen you in the roll call :):)

Guess we will be hanging out in the Posh area... Hopefully!!

If you really want a Posh pass expect to get to the port at 9 or 9:30 AM. You need to be in the first boarding group to feel fairly safe about nabbing one, certainly no later than group 2. Once on board you have to head directly to the service desk. Do not stop for ANYTHING. I was second on line in January. When I turned around there were 30 people behind me. The word has spread about these things and they aren't a secret anymore. The price in January was $59 and I am happy to tell you that it was the best money I've ever spent on a ship. It is worth all the trouble you take to get one. Just remember to set your alarm!:)

What is so special about Posh?

I've never been on the epic. Just seems weird to me to buy a pass to go here and there's no pool, no hot tub available. Not even a free drink.

On RCCL Allure there was the serenity. They had a beautiful hot tub available and superb viewing of the ocean. It was included. So I'm curious if the $ is worth it at posh and why. That's all...

Thanks in advance!

The only real benefit is that it's less crowded and has the nice padded loungers. I do wish there was more shade and at least a shower/mister so there was some way to cool off up there. We'll probably try and buy passes when we get one the ship but it's not that big of a deal if we miss out on them.

• 2 weeks later...

We were sailing on the March 01 cruise and paid USD59 each for the Posh passes. We only arrived in the port at 11:00 and were in boarding group 16 so I did not expect to get Posh passes. However when I passed the guest services desk at around noon I thought I'd check if there were still any available. The Guest services officer told me they were just selling the 20th pass, but they would sell 2 more to us and 2 more to the couple behind us. I guess we were lucky they were selling 24 passes that cruise! So even if you are not in the first 2 boarding groups, it is still possible to get the pass. Off course you have more chance if you are earlier.

We really enjoyed Posh. We loved the fact that there were always loungers or chairs available. I spent almost all my time in the shade. They have 2 umbrella's but I always found a spot underneath them. Also, depending on the heading of the ship, the walls can give some shade. The bar service is great and they come around with melon sticks and spray you with water (if you want to offcourse) :-)

We spent a lot of time in Posh. We loved the fact that it was quieter than the main pool area and that is was adult only. The seats are very comfortable. It was the best money we spent this cruise.

If you don't get the posh passes, there is also a quiet area in front of the ship on deck 18. It also has the padded loungers, but it has less shade and no bar.

We were sailing on the March 01 cruise and paid USD59 each for the Posh passes. We only arrived in the port at 11:00 and were in boarding group 16 so I did not expect to get Posh passes. However when I passed the guest services desk at around noon I thought I'd check if there were still any available. The Guest services officer told me they were just selling the 20th pass, but they would sell 2 more to us and 2 more to the couple behind us. I guess we were lucky they were selling 24 passes that cruise! So even if you are not in the first 2 boarding groups, it is still possible to get the pass. Off course you have more chance if you are earlier.

We really enjoyed Posh. We loved the fact that there were always loungers or chairs available. I spent almost all my time in the shade. They have 2 umbrella's but I always found a spot underneath them. Also, depending on the heading of the ship, the walls can give some shade. The bar service is great and they come around with melon sticks and spray you with water (if you want to offcourse) :-)

We spent a lot of time in Posh. We loved the fact that it was quieter than the main pool area and that is was adult only. The seats are very comfortable. It was the best money we spent this cruise.

If you don't get the posh passes, there is also a quiet area in front of the ship on deck 18. It also has the padded loungers, but it has less shade and no bar.

Thanks for the info. Hoping I get a pass