Dumb, Funny, or Embarrassing Moments on Your Cruise

runningtide

Well, mine happens all the time and not just on cruise ships. But it has happened several times on cruises.

My wife has a weak gag reflex. As such, if she tries to breathe while drinking she starts coughing LOUDLY. It sounds like she is choking (but isn't). I have been married for 20 years so I know what is happening. But we have had people come over and try to give her the Heimlich Manoeuver while giving me a very dirty look.

After about 30 to 35 seconds she will sneeze and the episode is over.

But people still look at me like I am a jerk because my wife was choking and I wasn't doing anything. (my wife is usually chuckling under the choking sound) But years of married life prepare you to be embarrassed by your partner.

Honestly I think this is the funniest one ever and I thought the guy leaving his drinks in another couple's cabin was pretty funny.

When I get started sneezing don't bother saying "God bless you". I'll be done in about 5 minutes or so. Just wait until the end. My DH just looks like "whatever!" and moves on.

Well, mine happens all the time and not just on cruise ships. But it has happened several times on cruises.

My wife has a weak gag reflex. As such, if she tries to breathe while drinking she starts coughing LOUDLY. It sounds like she is choking (but isn't). I have been married for 20 years so I know what is happening. But we have had people come over and try to give her the Heimlich Manoeuver while giving me a very dirty look.

After about 30 to 35 seconds she will sneeze and the episode is over.

But people still look at me like I am a jerk because my wife was choking and I wasn't doing anything. (my wife is usually chuckling under the choking sound) But years of married life prepare you to be embarrassed by your partner.

I have a similar story I have a long standing back condition [in a wheelchair for a fair while] occasionally I stumble and even fall, now I'm a big boy, about250 lbs [down from over 300lbs] my darling is about 120 and a foot and a bit shorter than me, now when I stumble or fall or have to sit down in a hurry she doesn't even try to hold on [she used to but if I fell on her I could cause some serious damage], you should see some of the looks she gets when I fall and she just calmly walks off looking for something I might be able to use in a while to get up.

People want to try and lift me up or pull me to my feet but all that will do is cause me more pain, wifey knows how best to deal with it, leave me for 1/2 hour or so and get something suitable for me to use to get up when I'm ready. But because she is used to it and no longer stresses [well maybe just a little] people think she doesn't care.