Booking Sabor on Freedom

sherex

I am getting very excited about our upcoming cruise on May 31st on Freedom. We are traveling with our daughter and son-in-law. This is our first cruise on Royal. We have decided on our excursions and now booking our specialty restaurants.

I cannot see Sabor on my choices for booking. Do you think this means it is full? Or not available yet for booking?

We have already booked Giovanni's. We really want to try Sabor too.

Thanks!

Sheryl

• 2 weeks later...
as of 3/11/15 there is no addition for Sabor on the website for booking even though the website is new and updated.

Sabor is on the Freedom now, right?

Thanks

Dawn

Yes, Sabor is on Freedom. Deck 4, on the top floor of the old nightclub.

On embarkation day you should find a rep from Sabor in the Royal Promenade trying to get reservations (probably in front of Sabor, too). Book early before others discover the place. It's open for lunch on sea days. It was pretty empty on the first sea day lunch. We liked it so much we booked again.

We just got off the March 1 sailing, and we had the same problem of not being able to prebook Sabor. Don't worry, they have a rep on the promenade day 1 taking reservations. We were able to get the time we wanted no problem, and it didn't seem busy at all. Have a great time at Sabor, their food is fantastic! :D

As of yesterday, the website was giving the option to book. Though I have not completed the process.

This time I did try to complete the process and it would not complete the reservation. This was the same for the Mystery dinner theater.

i would like to see a menu

I saw this menu at lunch:

http: //www.royal caribbean blog.com/sites/default/files/restaurants/sabor-menu.jpg

(Paste this in your browser and take the spaces out. Can't make a link here, as the URL is blocked.)

Doesn't include the Sangria's or other drinks. The red Sangria was quite good.

We ate at Sabor on Oasis a few weeks ago.

I would say that there is way too much food, the food is extremely high on bread/tortilla/dough content, and the margaritas while tasty are overpriced.

I was not particularly impressed with the food, and while it is not bad, I won't book it again.

JMHO and YMMV

jc

We ate at Sabor on Oasis a few weeks ago.

I would say that there is way too much food, the food is extremely high on bread/tortilla/dough content, and the margaritas while tasty are overpriced.

I was not particularly impressed with the food, and while it is not bad, I won't book it again.

JMHO and YMMV

jc

Hmm thanks for the feedback, I'm considering booking it. Do you know if the margaritas there would be included in the drink packages?

Hmm thanks for the feedback, I'm considering booking it. Do you know if the margaritas there would be included in the drink packages?

They would be included if they are $12 or less. With the way drink prices on Royal have changed lately, I would certainly ask the price before ordering.

I can't remember the exact price but the meal was $19 the waiter said, just order 1 for the two of you. Good advice since we couldn't eat all of one. The tableside quacomole is not as good as I make at home but better than the gelatenous stuff they sell at the grocery store. The margarita's were either $12 or $14 each. They were good, but they were not gigantic. All in all an ok experience, but I won't do it again.

jc