What time to leave for airport in Venice?

mina

We have a overnight stop in Venice on the island princess and our flight is at 11:40 am on a Tuesday the morning after we dock. What time should we leave the ship for the airport? We will use private land taxi and are flying business class on us air. Do they have dedicated lines for business class check in? Is 7:30 am to early to leave? Thank you

my last 3 flights out of Marco Polo were nerve wracking ... long lines and not enough employees.

The airport is only 20 minutes away. Our last flight was at noon, to JFK. We arrived at 9:35am but only had 10-15 minutes to spare before it was time to board.

For an 11:40am flight i'd be in the taxi at 8:30/8:45am.

Thank you. We r not checking luggage.using only carryons. Flying us air. Is it possible to print Boarding pass before leaving and skip the evil check in lines? We r also going business class, is there a faster security line for business? We will still leave early. I just do not want to get there at 8am and have to stand around for an hour waiting for the check in to open.

You don't have to be there at 8am .... I suggested leaving the pier by 8:30/8:45.

You can print a boarding pass on your ship.

Still need to show your passport at checkin.

Sorry, but after my experiences, I'd rather chill at the airport for an hour with an espresso than bear the expense of a missed flight.

Edited by mapleleaves

Would you make the same suggestion of being at Marco Polo 3 hours early if our flight is at 7:30am? We are staying in Mestre and will take the ATVO bus to the airport that morning. The earliest one leaves Mestre at 5:40am.

Thank you

Would you make the same suggestion of being at Marco Polo 3 hours early if our flight is at 7:30am? We are staying in Mestre and will take the ATVO bus to the airport that morning. The earliest one leaves Mestre at 5:40am.

Thank you

no point in being there 3 hrs prior; I don't think anything opens at the airport until 5:30am, even the coffee shop. Call whichever airline you're flying with to find out what time their ticket counter opens.

Thank you. I have read several additional posts that confirm your point that airline ticket desks will not even be open before 5:30 at the earliest. When we fly into Venice, I will try to get to the ticket desk to find out for sure.