Point me in the right direction-Boston pre-cruise hotels

mitsugirly

Well I got a hotel Boston Marriott Cambridge I went on price line a bid @150 an got it. So I guess I will be staying there. I hope it works out for me

I've never been inside that hotel, but it's very convenient to public transportation; right next to Kendall Station on the Red Line (subway).

The Waterfront/Seaport area in Boston has been developed over the last 15 years. It only has 4* hotels and these are the Boston hotels most convenient to the port. The hotels are the Westin Waterfront, the Seaport, the Renaissance, and Residence Inn. I always advise folks to look first on Hotwire because a 4* hotel in the Waterfront area will be one of these hotels and the price including taxes will be much less than booking directly. IMO there is no risk using Hotwire because any one if these hotels will more than satisfy. If you're going on the cruise, prepay the hotel and buy insurance from Hotwire if that makes you more comfortable.

It totally depends on your date. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not. If there is a convention event, prices are ridiculous and you need to look elsewhere. I would not delay in making hotel arrangements for next October which is high season.

What is your exact date?

Thank you for the quick response! :)

We need the room for Thursday, October 8th. I have Starwood Points and I believe Westin Waterfront had availability on points last time I checked (about a week ago). Last year when we cruised out of Boston, there was a convention there and no availability. We ended up at a Holiday Inn across the street from Boston Garden. It was nice, but I'd rather be closer to the port and I'm a big Westin/W/Sheraton fan! ;)

My advice would be to book it. That's the start of Columbus Day weekend and a good time for parents to visit their college students. It's also the peak weekend for fall foliage. Its definitely the peak weekend for visiting Boston.

I am going to go out to dinner and then drop off the rental car that night as parking is $45 and this way I wont have to deal with it in the morning. I will just have a relaxing morning and then catch a cab to the cruise. Thanks for all your help

My advice would be to book it. That's the start of Columbus Day weekend and a good time for parents to visit their college students. It's also the peak weekend for fall foliage. Its definitely the peak weekend for visiting Boston.

Thank you! :)