Massdan april 7 cruisers where are you?????

retdon

I can not believe only 8 people are cruising on the Massdam April 7......:confused:

We are going to have a blast, the ship to ourselves..... who du thunk it??????:eek:

:cool:No one has signed up for the thread, so no M&M, we will create our own.

Linda, one of the secret cruisers on the Massdam........

Linda, we're booked on the 25 day collector's cruise just before April 7. The first portion (14 days) has 55 on the roll call. The second portion (11 days) only has 25. The first roll call picked up after final payment (price drops), but the second half has not.

Your cruise appears to be following the course of our second portion. At least HAL doesn't require a minimum to hold a Meet and Greet.

I sincerely think that Caribbean cruises in general have less active roll calls. Also, these shorter cruises have many people who have "been there, done that" numerous times before and may choose not to participate in M&Gs.

I really enjoy it when the roll call has at least 30 participants, so you can find some familiar faces after the Meet and Greet. It also makes it easier to try and get a private excursion going, if you don't wish to go as just a couple.

Does the "Sip and Savor" cost more than a regular cruise of that length? I wonder if the TAs out there are steering folks away from HAL a lot, especially on the "old" ships. Who really understands the vagaries of roll call participation, anyway?

Good Day,

My DW, myself and two friends are going on the Maasdam April 7th. I'm the only one on CC, I'm the one who "really loves cruising" and I'm always pestering my DW and friends to go on cruises. Anyways, we are super excited about this cruise. It's our first time on a "smaller" HAL ship, we have been on the Zuiderdam x3 and the Noordam once. We love cruising on HAL and have always had a great time. Hopefully we will be able to meet you folks on board.

FYI-i woke up this morning at our little cabin in Wisconsin and it was -10 degrees. Did I mention that we are really excited about this cruise? :p

We just booked the April 7 cruise on the Maasdam, and can't wait to leave the coldest winter on record! I am sick of dressing in layers and wearing socks to bed to get warm. I am craving the warm sun of the Caribbean, ice cold drinks, warm blue water and more!

Looking forward to seeing the little roll call group at our meet and greet. It's time to have fun in the sun!