Cruise cancelled - changed to Jacksonville

Terri102066

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for our June cruise. We flew in the day before and the hotel had a van to pick us up. The same van then took us just about anywhere we wanted to go to eat. The Hilton was very nice and had breakfast in the lobby in the morning. It was the usual cerial, eggs, toast, etc but you could also get pancakes and waffles too!!!!!!!

The following morning the hotel arranged for another van to pick us up and take us to jax Port. My mom paid for it so . . . the details are hard to remember but . . . I think for the 4 of us it was $40!! That way we didn't have to rent a car . . . and pay for parking too!! Mom then took Carnival's shuttle back to the airport and we stayed on for a few more days with other family.

I've heard some say that they stayed at the airport (Holiday Inn).

I live here & could see that as being a very good option. The port is located closer (time wise) to the airport.

If you have any questons I'd be glad to help.

I haven't sailed the Celebration yet (15 Sep).

We sailed the Celebration on our first cruise, and though she is an older ship, we had no problems, and loved her. The service was great. And everything aboard from the entertainment to dining was great. Cabins no problem, and Carnival supply toitetry items

Entertainment the BEST we have ever seen. For any of you who have seen " The Full Monty" the ships dancers performed this to perfection. Just like the movie.

We asked the Maitre'd if we could move after dinner first night. We found ourselves with folk who didn't want to talk, order wine, at dinner ( not that is a problem) or converse. All the things we enjoy. No problem , and he moved us to a table by the window. We then had some great company. I am sure you will have a great cruise on Celebration

Kate.

Even though I live in a suburb of Jacksonville, I have stayed at the airport Holiday Inn when I have early morning flights due to the distance from my house to the airport. It is good hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

There are several other hotels near the airport. This is probably the closest bunch of hotels near the port and a convienent/easy drive to the port.

What kind of place are you looking for? Just a place to crash the night before your cruise or place to start your vacation?

The port itself is nice. There is a fenced parking lot right next to the terminal (a converted warehouse, that has been very nicely decorated). You can pull up to the front of the terminal, drop off your bags and cruisemates, then go park and have short walk to the terminal. The check-in process/lines were very short for our cruise on the Jubilee out of here (Jax). She was the first ship that Carnival put here and is a sister ship to the Celebration.

If you have any further questions, ask away.

Archived