Tipping @ Chef's Table

lisajm

Every receipt I ever got on a Carnival ship had a blank space for an additional tip regardless of weather or not the tip was included in the price of the product or service. I think even the gift shop receipts have a place to add an additional tip.

We tipped $50, and we thought it was well deserved as the wait staff was phenomenal! Our drinks (both water and wine) were never empty, they used our names, and the service was perfectly coordinated.

I hope your experience is just as amazing!

We are doing this for the first time next week on the Pride and depending upon service provided we will add additional tip or not.

What are the choices of wine being offered?

There is not a choice, it is what wine is offered. As a comparison, Royal does a much better job in the wine offerings department (as opposed to the food offered, which I think Carnival does a better job in).

Well hope it is ones we like than

LOL. I can't remember the wines offered, other than it was a white and a red.....

I do remember someone posting in a review with the wines mentioned. If I find it (the review and if it mentions the wines) I will post it here.

There is not a choice, it is what wine is offered. As a comparison, Royal does a much better job in the wine offerings department (as opposed to the food offered, which I think Carnival does a better job in).

We had a choice of wine-- red or white or both. :D

As indicated, tip is already included. No need to tip twice.

Here is the real information from the horses mouth. this is from a email to my friend.

I know they say that the tip is included in the $35 Steakhouse charge or the $75 Chefs Table and as you know I always add more, but would you please tell me how much of that $35 or $75 goes to the tip, and how many share in it, is it just the servers or also the cooks.

Here is the answer from a very good friend of mine that has been a Steakhouse server for many years.

Server: This is the reality, my salary is 1140. $ a month without tips, a cook has 800- 1000$ a month. If we serve 2 pax a night or 100 there is no difference because we do not have a percentage of the 35. If it were true as ccl is saying that tips are included it would fluctuate month to month, right? So the additional tips are split evenly between server cooks dishwasher. Other company is giving percent of cover for servers so there u can really say it is included! Would I stay away from family and real life from home for 7000$ a year? Ironically I am, for 10000. My friends are working regular jobs, and go back at home in the evening to their kids and dog.

This one would probably be our last or maybe one more contract! I saved money I saw places met good people like u , but have no real life, my back is hurting like I’m older than my 55 y old mom, plus for 2 y now I developed allergy for dust and mold from our wonderful ac system. I know u just asked me a simple question and I let my frustrations go on u ... I am looking forward to my tomato garden, simple life, cooking and walking my dog/ kid, soooon!

Server : Well the tips are not included at all although the company promotes it that way !!! We get the salary and from the extra tip that guest leave us. Extra tips go to servers and the cooks. I don't know to tell you exactly how many people total since it is not the same on every ship.

Dabear:

Thank you so much for posting this email from your friend! I always tip our servers and stewards because they work very hard (for very little compensation). This post just clarifies the need to reward those who take such good care of us while on a ship!