Need guide help

judyf

Please Help, Ellis and another guide he suggested are both booked the day our ship is in port. :mad::(:eek: I really want a guide for the day. There are 4 of us. 77 to 28, I thought of renting a car but feel we will miss all the knowledge from a local guide.

If there any guide you could recommend? Are there guides you can book for the day when you get off the ship? Would love to know a name to ask for to get a great guide.

PLEASE send me any tips you can. I'm at a lost right now and we leave in 3 weeks. This is the MOST exciting port for us, I have been to Puerto Rico 2x but both times were short port visits, this time we have 8-5 and want to make the most of it, and see the local stuff.

Looking forward to any suggestions. PLEASE!!!! I do remember guides/buses at the port but would like to know a good one to ask for. Or who to stay away from. WE want an off the beaten path, show us your island as you see it, eat some local food with locals, swim at a local beach and maybe go to the Bacardi factory. We just don't want to drive around and not know what we are seeing.

Keeping fingers crossed the CCers knows someone, Thanks!!!!!

You could still o the DIY route and rent a car. Search for the Puerto Rico Day trips site. Apart from having banners for all kinds of vendors and tours, they have detailed descriptions/reviews from most (if not all) of Puerto Rico's attractions. One nice features that they have is that they actually give you GPS coordinates you can program into your rental's GPS and help you get there. Take an eastern route through Piñones and Loiza for some of the best roadside, local food and fritters. You can keep east and visit El Yunque and Luquillo Beach which also have a long row of food kiosks that the locals frequent as well as tourists. If you take the western route, your best bet would be the Rio Camuy Caves and the Arecibo Observatory which are close by one to another. These are just examples. Visit the site, check out the things you like to see and plan a route, maybe using google maps. Good luck!!

You could still o the DIY route and rent a car. Search for the Puerto Rico Day trips site. Apart from having banners for all kinds of vendors and tours, they have detailed descriptions/reviews from most (if not all) of Puerto Rico's attractions. One nice features that they have is that they actually give you GPS coordinates you can program into your rental's GPS and help you get there. Take an eastern route through Piñones and Loiza for some of the best roadside, local food and fritters. You can keep east and visit El Yunque and Luquillo Beach which also have a long row of food kiosks that the locals frequent as well as tourists. If you take the western route, your best bet would be the Rio Camuy Caves and the Arecibo Observatory which are close by one to another. These are just examples. Visit the site, check out the things you like to see and plan a route, maybe using google maps. Good luck!!

I really don't want to be a designed driver :rolleyes::D;) Be nice to have someone tell us the history as we go. Hoping we can get guise at the port.